vb:literal>

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Guie3

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post
    My friend,Scott, who I was in the army with and now lives in Wisconsin, e-mailed me the other day, about something interesting. It seems he listens to Art Bell (I think that's his name) on late night radio. He is into UFOs and the such. According to him, there is a strange bat like creature that is terrorizing some of the locals in the north-western mountains of Maine!
    Only seen at night..It looks like a giant bat..flies off with cats and small dogs! It has been known to attack deer and other creatures around the Sugarloaf mountain area!! EEEK!
    That's probably just someone on the new Sugarloaf zip line
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    I was just looking at the map to figure out how far the cache is from Eustis. I've been looking forward to seeing this one for a while. Can anyone tell me how long the drive is from the campground to this cache?
    You head north from the campground to the Goldbrook Road, that takes maybe 10 minutes or a bit more for that part. Then you drive 16 very slow miles on a dirt road to Appleton Corner. Next you head right towards Jackman and then I'm not sure how far it is. Maybe another very slow 15 miles? But it's beautiful country. So it would take a few hours to come and go...

There are caches though! Mariah. Appleton Corner. Waterfalls. WWII POW. If you keep going you could do Loose Moose at Spencer Rips and be on your way to getting a Eustis Caching Masters Degree! But you'd need to get your Bachelors first....
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Default Ready to Rumble!

I'm packed..completely. So I just dialed in the Eustis weather on the Weather Channel. Time for some chanting to the weather gods as it looks a little wet...maybe a lot wet. I hope not. Two wet labs in a tent is not that pleasant....even after a bunch of libations! I hope the weather gurus are wrong!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I'm packed..completely. So I just dialed in the Eustis weather on the Weather Channel. Time for some chanting to the weather gods as it looks a little wet...maybe a lot wet. I hope not. Two wet labs in a tent is not that pleasant....even after a bunch of libations! I hope the weather gurus are wrong!
    Should be ok setting up.....
    Friday, on the other hand....hmmm.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Well, the gurus said rain today too, and heavy thunderstorms. And it was just clouds and some sun, nearly 70 degrees. Warm tomorrow too. And the "rain" is supposed to be "showers". A tenth of an inch to maybe a quarter of an inch. So don't panic the troops. Bring an electric dog dryer just in case...

[QUOTE=kayaking loon;69868 Bring an electric dog dryer just in case...[/QUOTE]

Sheesh! You've got to be kidding me! Is there such a thing?

(I'm bringing RULost2?. And she doesn't dry cats, let alone dogs!!)

Default Makes no difference...

We're packed, I'm ready to leave right now, but I'll leave in the morning, try not to cache on the way up and will at our site by 10. The local weather gurus painted a better picture then the Weather Channel program I have so I'm going with mostly cloudy!!!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    You head north from the campground to the Goldbrook Road, that takes maybe 10 minutes or a bit more for that part. Then you drive 16 very slow miles on a dirt road to Appleton Corner. Next you head right towards Jackman and then I'm not sure how far it is. Maybe another very slow 15 miles? But it's beautiful country. So it would take a few hours to come and go...

There are caches though! Mariah. Appleton Corner. Waterfalls. WWII POW. If you keep going you could do Loose Moose at Spencer Rips and be on your way to getting a Eustis Caching Masters Degree! But you'd need to get your Bachelors first....
    I'm a little embarrassed that I haven't got my 4 year diploma yet, as this is my 3rd event and I've spent a few weeks at the Pines. I"m kinda bouncing around, grabbed all the Kennebago caches ect. I think that I'll end up putting in for my bach and masters degrees almost at the same time!
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

HEY! LISTEN UP TROOPS! NO RAIN...MOSTLY SUN AND CLOUDS...SOME SHOWERS... REAL COOL THOUGH...... IN FACT, DOWNRIGHT COLD AT NIGHT.

THE GURU HAS SPOKEN

OOLAGORON, OOLAGORON, BOOLANAGA

(Repete this three times as you spin in a counterclockwise circle. It's a good weather chant)

BOOM, GET A CAT TRAP.
    BIGER THEN A RAT TRAP.
    ROUNDER THEN A CARTWHEEL.
    LONGER THEN A BEAN POLE.
    BOOM GET A CAT TRAP.
    SIS BOOM BAH
    EUSTIS! EUSTIS!
    RAH, RAH, RAH!!!

Can anyone tell I'm excited?