vb:literal>

Thread: TB, Lost and Found

Default TB, Lost and Found

I released a TB in June of 2006. It's goal was to get to Two Rivers, Alaska (near Fairbanks). It made it to Juneau, finally, then to Whitehorse and from there it was carried off to Europe. A cacher in the Netherlands picked it up on January 6, 2008 and just released it today, two years and nearly seven months later. I had given up hope of ever hearing from this TB again. So if you're in the Netherlands and plan to go to Alaska...
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    I released a TB in June of 2006. It's goal was to get to Two Rivers, Alaska (near Fairbanks). It made it to Juneau, finally, then to Whitehorse and from there it was carried off to Europe. A cacher in the Netherlands picked it up on January 6, 2008 and just released it today, two years and nearly seven months later. I had given up hope of ever hearing from this TB again. So if you're in the Netherlands and plan to go to Alaska...
    Ah yes, it happens. Congrats on finally hearing from your TB = Great News!

Woohoo! That's pretty cool!

I have only had one travel bug reach its goal. My 5 year old had one that he wanted to go to the Mall of America in MN and get a picture with the Spongebob statue. It made it there and got the pictures. It is now in Oregon on the new mission of racking up as many miles as possible.