vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parade Magazine

Default Parade Magazine

In today's Parade...In "15 Ways To Enjoy Your Summer" No.9 is "Try A New Sport" which includes Disc-Golf, Sphere-riding, and Geocaching....and here is the funny part....listed under "What You Need: A GPS, hiking shoes, a car, in some cases: endurance; and low expectations for treasures that can be less than exciting." ?!? I'm sure people are flocking to GC.com now...I guess I'm going sphere-riding this afternoon instead

Quote Originally Posted by TeamHorwich View Post
    In today's Parade...In "15 Ways To Enjoy Your Summer" No.9 is "Try A New Sport" which includes Disc-Golf, Sphere-riding, and Geocaching....and here is the funny part....listed under "What You Need: A GPS, hiking shoes, a car, in some cases: endurance; and low expectations for treasures that can be less than exciting." ?!? I'm sure people are flocking to GC.com now...I guess I'm going sphere-riding this afternoon instead
    Please tell us all about it when you get back! LOL

While I may share that sentiment to some degree, it is unfortunate the writer felt compelled to add that bit in. It would be easy to find something negative to say about any of those activities if a person wanted to (well, except for sphere-riding maybe). If they were writing pros and cons for each, then that would be different.

Cache the way you want to cache, hide what you like to find, no cache is one size fits all, but a decent percentage of caches would not compel a new cacher to go find another. Numbers caches appeal to many veteran cachers, but I think most new cachers do not start caching for that reason.
    Last edited by brdad; 07-25-2010 at 09:44 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by TeamHorwich View Post
    Where I can do this sphere riding? I've done it few times and it's a lot of fun
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    Where I can do this sphere riding? I've done it few times and it's a lot of fun
    You find the sphere and we'll make another trip up Halfmile! And I'll try and push you hard enough to make it to the pond!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Well, for a newbie they can do a nano cache and disc golf right on Center Drive in Orrington!

I don't know about up North, but down here new cachers are always coming into the forums and really loving the activity. My point is that these cachers are returning to the game after finding their first few caches. Granted, it is a game that is not for everyone, but what game is? As long as the cacher count is on the rise, geocaching will not be going anywhere anytime soon.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

Sphere Riding

What is it: Riding in a sphere.

What You Need: A sphere, empty stomach, bonine . . . and the demented desire to be hurtled down a hill at breakneck speed.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I get the image of two possible scenarios here. Running around inside a ball like a hamster in his wheel.....or being stuck in a big bubble like those poor people that suffer from various medical conditions. In any case, many of the trails I go on while caching would be very difficult in a sphere or bubble so I think I will pass.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

Ooooooohhhhh ...that's what sphere riding is! I thought it was some sort of goat.