vb:literal>

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Disturbing Comments on Maines Oldest Cache

Just down the street.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Assuming if you are calling him a punk your message was less than friendly, where is the good that can come from this? If the person does have ill-content, he is most likely is looking for attention, so you're giving him what he wants. If the person is just making some newbie mistakes or is just not mature enough to understand what he is saying, 100 emails bashing him for his actions is not the best welcome!

If your message was friendly, then it might be a good thing, provided he is just making newbie mistakes.

It seems to me the best approach in these situations is to first be sure who we are dealing with. If it is a vandal, by all means find a quiet way to identify him and confront him or his parents. If it turns out he is making honest mistakes the let's welcome him and educate him.

We had someone a few years back vandalizing caches. Within a few days he was exposed, we had his address, phone number, web site, pictures. He was soon banned and didn't have a problem since.
    Brdad, are you going to scold Dubord207 for calling this cacher a punk in your public forum? Apparently as usual, rules apply differently do different cachers and different subjects. Thank you for proving your double standard, in a separate thread from the one concerning Groundspeak Banning cachers!

dubord207, I scold thee.

Default Scolded!!

Yikes, does this mean I have to take a "time out?" Hey, if I'm going to receive critical comments for taking somebody to task for for what I consider a serious breach of the very basic rules of our game, so be it. brdad's comments are fine. Like me, he occassionally finds himself acting as the "geo-police." There are lots of folks on this site that are outspoken and that includes me.

Checked to see if the "offender" (sounds better then punk) has cached again or even visited geo.com and he has not so he may not have seen my comment. My guess is that he's gone from the game and we'll never hear from again.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Yikes, does this mean I have to take a "time out?"
    In the corner, five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    In the corner, five minutes.
    and NO martini's!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

Default That's mean!

No Martini's? That's the final straw. I want to be banned from the site!

Quote Originally Posted by shuman road searchers View Post
    and NO martini's!

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    No Martini's? That's the final straw. I want to be banned from the site!
    Well all you have to do is ask!

DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

That's not my picture, that's my half-brother, Numbnuts!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Well all you have to do is ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    Kids noadays have more money than brains and are just looking for trouble to make.
    I couldn't let this comment roll by without saying something, even though it's "off topic".

Bologna. Bullsh*t. Evidently Mike you don't know very many kids "noadays". Sure, there are a few who look for trouble, but in reality it's NO different than it's always been. I'm a mom of four--12, 17, 19, and 20. My 20 year old daughter is currently at Defense Information School for the US Marine Corp. My 19 year old son is a full time student at UMPI, with a full-time job, AND a member of the Maine Army Nat'l Guard. My 17 year old will be a senior in high school this year, and has spent her summer working at Moosehorn--and working damn hard-- for the Youth Conservation Corps. My 12 year old plays every sport going and goes out "fishing" on a boat out of Eastport a few times a week-- baiting, hauling traps, banding lobster. If you've ever worked on a boat you know it's not easy and can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. Interestingly enough, these kids aren't exceptions, they're the norm. It's simply that they don't get the press that the few troubled ones do.