vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPhone Users Out There??

Default iPhone Users Out There??

So it's time to renew our wireless and there is a little difference of opinion in our house. Back in the day we had AT&T and the coverage wasn't great north of Brunswick so we've had Verizon ever since. I argue that it's been years and the coverage must have improved, but Dawn isn't convinced. So who uses the iPhone? How is the coverage? How well does the GC app when using it to find caches (not just descriptions and logging)??

Thanks for the input everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Trick or Treat View Post
    So it's time to renew our wireless and there is a little difference of opinion in our house. Back in the day we had AT&T and the coverage wasn't great north of Brunswick so we've had Verizon ever since. I argue that it's been years and the coverage must have improved, but Dawn isn't convinced. So who uses the iPhone? How is the coverage? How well does the GC app when using it to find caches (not just descriptions and logging)??

Moo

From what I hear you may want to consider anything else. Androids seem to be liked.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I've always wanted an iPhone but the rates were way to high. I just got a Droid from U.S. Cellular. AWESOME!!!!
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

All I have is a trackfone. And I usually forget to turn it on. Go figure.

At&t has poor service north of brunswick still. I do not have an iphone for this reason. Stick with Verizon or US Cellular.

Quote Originally Posted by Trick or Treat View Post

I've been using the iPhone 3 for two years, including the geocaching app. Coverage has been pretty good. There is one dead spot on 295 in Freeport that I can pretty much guarantee I'm going to lose the coverage but other than that it's got coverage where I'd expect it. 3G is available only in the southern portion of the state. Augusta and north is all Edge network and slower.

The iPhone geocaching app is decent at looking up info. The GPS is not very accurate. I can occasionally find a cache using it solely but if not for experience I'd not find many. Accuracy might have improved with the newer iPhone models.

If you want to see the app some time, let me know. I've had the phone around almost every corner of the state and if there's a spot in particular where you'd like to know about coverage, let me know that, too, and I'll see what I can do to recollect - or even revisit

Thanks for the input everyone, even you Cano! lol I get a 24% AT&T discount from my employer and the iPhone and Droid seem to be about the same price so thought now might be the time to change. Hmmm, 295 in Freeport? That could be a daily problem since I live just off 295 in Freeport. Maybe I'll just tell D that we're going to have to move for good coverage. Seems reasonable to me. And of course hold the phone like Cano suggests...

I love my droid

To be honest, I have yet to find a seriously bad spot in Maine for my iPhone reception.... except along Stud Mill. Heck, up that way, I was getting CANADIAN cellular service a lot of the time! Never seen an issue on 295 in Freeport either.

Don't believe the Apple haters out there. There are plenty of OTHER reasons to dislike Apple but not for the iPhone.