vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marketing Offers - Geocaching Sales - Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Cabela's has these. All my ammo comes in them. They're on the large size and come with a rubber gasket so not only will they never rust, they are impervious to moisture. I have a dozen or so that I'm planning on placing.
    Thank you - now to get down Cabela's way!

I have used a few plastic ammo cans but not for caching. The only drawback was on a few of them, the locking mechanisms broke. They were being used harder than a person would hope a cache would be, I'd think they would hold up nearly as well as the metal cans. And much better than a film canister or nano!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

All the nano's are gone
    They are still giving away buttons (FTF and "I Love Geocaching") and bumper stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by ampmdp View Post
    All the nano's are gone
    They are still giving away buttons (FTF and "I Love Geocaching") and bumper stickers.
    I am sorry. As long as they are offering something let's leave this open. Once everything is gone - Mod - please close. Tks

I just now checked my email and had a message. "Last nano we have. I will get it in the mail to you ASAP." Woo Hoo, gota love promotions.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Cabela's has these. All my ammo comes in them. They're on the large size and come with a rubber gasket so not only will they never rust, they are impervious to moisture. I have a dozen or so that I'm planning on placing.

I've used these dry boxes http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/se...dry%20box&sr=1

which I bought from Boater's World. The boxes hold up well outdoors. They come in dark green, too (with a removable ammo tray), much easier to hide in the woods.

The Boater's World near me shut down, so I recently bought one at Dick's Sporting Goods, but I cringed at the price. (More than the current online price. Why that?)

There's no Cabela's close by me, and I like to check stuff out before I buy online, but the price is right... might be worth a try.

I can always hit up Ericles for some more of his 50 cal. military boxes, which don't hold as much swag, but are easier to place, being narrower.

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    While free caches are great, why can't anyone hold a promotion where they give away .50 cal ammo cans?
    I'd like that better. I have one nano out and that's it for me..
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows