vb:literal>

Thread: NORTH HAVEN, Maine

Default NORTH HAVEN, Maine

The Knox County Sheriff's Department says Matthew Simmons, the founder of the Ocean Energy Institute, drowned at his house on North Haven late Sunday night.

Simmons was a leading investment banker for the energy industry and had recently retired to work full time on the new Ocean Energy Institute.
    He was a leading proponent of offshore wind power and had started raising money to develop and build offshore turbines.

He and his family had also bought and rebuilt the Old Strand Theater in downtown Rockland.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default Death on North Haven

Not quite sure the connection to Geocaching for Ekidokai's post - but in case anyone is interested here is the link to more information - http://www.kjonline.com/news/Energy-...rth-Haven.html

Well, this is in the off-topic forums, though I am still not sure what interest the story is to geocachers in general? Should we know this person?

The only connection to caching that came to mind immediately after seeing the post - Oddly enough, the only cache archived this week - was on North Haven, archived because it was placed without permission on private property...
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Kind of where I was going. It is off topic but this might have a big impact on us all in the form of power and possibly new places to hide a cache.

How cool would it be to have a cache on the first man made island windmill.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Sorry - I missed what thread this was in. Sort of get it now (I guess).

Would caching like that by the windmills be like playing mini golf? You have to grab and sign the cache before the blade comes around and chops you in half. Actually we did Whirleygig cache in Nova Scotia last weekend and the cache was right at the turbine. Not a sound from it and it was clipping along pretty good. Not sure what all the noise complaints are about.

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    Would caching like that by the windmills be like playing mini golf? You have to grab and sign the cache before the blade comes around and chops you in half.
    OMGosh! Was trying to figure out where this thread was heading and read this post! Thanks for the belly laugh!