vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not in Maine, but Worthy Nonetheless!

Thumbs up Not in Maine, but Worthy Nonetheless!

Just waiting for MY turn to be the Geocacher in this position!

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...40/detail.html

Thumbs up A great story....

I guess that makes for the ultimate first to find. Glad it was a good ending for the two ladies.
    Happy Trails!

Wow, they are very lucky the cachers came along. I cache alone most of the time and thoughts of things like this cross my mind I'll admit.

That was a lucky day for those two ladies!
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Hope that they learned not to take a mini van on trails! I could see something like this happening in the wilderness of Maine very easily! I have two SPOT Sat emergency transceivers. One in the Jeep and one at home which I am figuring out how to make into a LITERAL Trackable Travel Bug!
    Last edited by brdad; 08-26-2010 at 07:38 AM.

That would be a great feature to take when you out in the wilderness. I was checking out something at LL Bean that may have been what you have..not sure what it was called. Is that the one that people can track you amd you can send the emergency signal? My friends sister got injured on a hike and really should have had one of those...
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    Hope that they learned not to take a mini van on trails! I could see something like this happening in the wilderness of Maine very easily! I have two SPOT Sat emergency transceivers. One in the Jeep and one at home which I am figuring out how to make into a LITERAL Trackable Travel Bug!
    I saw DeLorme demoing those SPOT units at Geowoodstock. Very cool product if you are caching alone in remote areas.

Awesome! What a happy ending to that story!

You would just need $150 per year for tracking subscription and 100 packs of batteries per year to power it
    Moo

Hope that they learned not to take a mini van on trails! I could see something like this happening in the wilderness of Maine very easily! I have two SPOT Sat emergency transceivers.
    Every car should be equipped with similar device by law. Something like OnStar except using satellites like SPOT. When car detects collision it will automatically send SOS signal with your position or you can call for help by yourself or you can track your lost or stolen car.
    Moo