vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey Kayaker Cachers out there...

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    " Your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries !! "
    "be gone or I shall taunt you a second time!"
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by JustPJ66 View Post
    I am wondering if any of you kayaker cachers know of any good spots to get wild elderberries? They tend to grow in wet areas and wondered if anyone has been seeing alot of them lately? right now the bushes are loaded with green to blueish berries and if I can find enough spots...in a couple of weeks when they are ripe enough I want to collect some and make some wild elderberry jam....best stuff on earth!!!

anyway if anyone knows of any spots that have a bunch let me know.

Thanks
    Pam
    when they are green and blueish colored, are they called youthberries?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    when they are green and blueish colored, are they called youthberries?

OH BROTHER LOL
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Will you be at the Eustis event? Are you willing to let us sample your jam? I've never had elderberry jam and you have me intrigued...
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

I WISH I was going to be at Eustis but the hubby works all but one weekend a month...retail..it sucks. However if I can get enough berries I would be happy to do a sampling if we can get to an event once in a while. Maybe I will make one jar a first to find prize LOL
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

I'm not sure if I'm thinking of the right berries. I was in a bunch of them near the Heads of a fiddle cache. They were still very green so I'm not sure which kind they are. Never picked them just had people tell me what they were and not to eat them when I would point them out on the trails.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

if you go to bing.com and tell it you want pictures of elderberries they have some good ones both wild and cultivated. Yes they are green when not ripe but there are other berries that look similar too. Wouldnt surprise me if they were at that site tho. They grow wild all over...or they used to but around here they are getting quite scarce....i cant wait to hear back from Vicbiker about this place in abbot....and wish i was planning a trip to PA for all those that gobbler got!! It takes quite a few to make a quart as the berries are really quite small.

Wish I could remember to look this stuff up. I come from the days before computers where the library was the place to go, or the crazy bum that lived in the bushes outside the creepy old house.

Yes those are the berries I saw but they were all green so I can't tell you if they are the poison ones yet. I say give them a try and see what happens.

they are probably the correct kind....but wont know for sure till a week or so...they are just ripening off here so wold expect another week there. and maybe another week in abbot....oh i do so love that jam....keep your eyes peeled folks hehe...oh and mike...iam making at least one batch of diabetic jam.....using splenda...still has natural fruit sugars but my mom who is insulin dependant can use it.

I am reading bad things about Splenda.

I look at it the way I was taught at the Joslin Clinic in Boston, moderation. Eat the good stuff and enjoy it. Don't over do it and make adjustments in diet, exercise and insulin.