vb:literal>

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Countdown to Eustis

Default Countdown to Eustis

Hard to believe we're only 6 weeks out from the big weekend. Starting a new thread for a general discussion and plans we're all putting together.

Di and I will be up Thursday. I'm be there mid-morning and Di will arrive later with Nick and Bo. Nick has been on the wagon but we might turn him loose for this weekend.

I'm making a large batch of corn beef hash for breakfast. Is breakfast Friday or Saturday this year?

I'll confirm our tent site for those who'd like to stop in for a Bloody Mary.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default Oh sure.

Start a thread to rub it in we can't make it this year.

Camper needs massive renovations, tent was taken out by a wind gust when we were camping in July. Work schedule isn't in my favor for that weekend.

In other words, you are being mean.

Default Breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post

I'm making a large batch of corn beef hash for breakfast. Is breakfast Friday or Saturday this year?
    Breakfast is Saturday morning. And I love corned beef hash! Are you making ribs for the pot luck????? I'm waiting. I've also hired a woman to help with the potluck. The first year I actually got to eat and it was the best pot luck I've ever been to. The second year we were mobbed and I didn't get to sit down. All I got was two of the ribs Dan cooked and a wonderful piece of apple and pear pie (by the way, who brought that???). So this year I'm going to EAT!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post

Camper needs massive renovations, tent was taken out by a wind gust when we were camping in July. Work schedule isn't in my favor for that weekend.

We have motels.. and B&Bs. But I can't do much about your work schedule. Sorry!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

I know this is already decided but.....

I can lend you a tent....
    I can call you in sick....
    I can lead you to water....

What about swapping schedules?
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

thanks everyone...maybe Kev and I will make the next years event....just think my elderberry jam and Dubord207's bloody marys.....breakfast of champions hehe
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Francis Family and I are planning on heading up Wednesday and we have reservations for lot #1. It is moose hunting season for family. Not sure what we are bringing yet but will post to this tread and on GC.com when we work it out.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Here's a trick I used once to get a friend out of work a day early for a fishing trip: I can have a US Marshall stop off at your place of work and serve a subpoena on you right in front of your boss! Will that do it?

Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default Okay, if I do.......

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Here's a trick I used once to get a friend out of work a day early for a fishing trip: I can have a US Marshall stop off at your place of work and serve a subpoena on you right in front of your boss! Will that do it?
    ....accept your proposal, can you also forge a note from mom saying I'm missing work on Monday for a legitimate reason. After all, if I sample those Bloody Marys I may need Monday too.

....accept your proposal, can you also forge a note from mom saying I'm missing work on Monday for a legitimate reason. After all, if I sample those Bloody Marys I may need Monday too.
    I have had them and you will!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright