vb:literal>

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Countdown to Eustis

Unfortunately I'll miss beautiful Eustis again this year . . . this event always falls on Camp Jakeawana's busiest weekend of the year as this is the weekend of the Commonground Fair and I always have guests at the campground on this weekend.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

While we were up this week we made our reservation for site #9 (close to the playground for the kids) We'll be up Friday night after school ends. I'm thinking Lasagna!
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Default Okay, I have to fight back now......

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    While we were up this week we made our reservation for site #9 (close to the playground for the kids) We'll be up Friday night after school ends. I'm thinking Lasagna!
    You guys and gals keep talking about all this good food you're going to have up there so now I have to fight back.

For both lunch and dinner/supper today I had baked stuffed zucchini. Stuffing was garlic and cheese sausage, hot Italian sausage, basmati rice, stewed tomatoes, green peppers, left over cabbage she'd sauteed in butter a few days ago and mozzerella cheese. This is absolutely my favorite way to have zucchini.

Then, to top it all off, she (Pam/JustPJ66) makes an eggplant parmesan that's simply out of this world. She used to get it all put together, slide it in the oven, call my folks and tell them it had just gone in and they'd be here before it came out of the oven......no matter what they were doing.

So, I get to eat good whether there's a meet and greet or other type of get together scheduled or not.

Oh, and don't forget her blackberry cobbler and the blackberry jam she made and raspberry jam.

And homemade blueberry pound cake she's won blue ribbons with the pound cake and adds either blueberries or strawberries to it occasionally.

And, oh yeah, there's still a loaf of zucchini bread in the freezer ready to be taken out and thawed so I can have that too.

And the dilly beans she just canned, and the dill pickles and the salsa she's gonna can and the Dynamites she's gonna can and the hot dog relish.

Anyone hungry yet?

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    Anyone hungry yet?
    Most certainly! I've been three weeks without my stove while the house is under construction, so your meals sound especailly scrumptious. What time do you ring the dinner bell?

We always have plenty to go around.....unless you all show up at once ...then its hotdogs on the grill LOL
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Default Site 60

Di, Nick, Bo and I are staying at site #60 this year. It's a huge site with room for a very large cocktail party on Friday night. Keep that in mind. Di thinks I should bring my electric and an amp... could happen, we'll see. Any of you like Elton, Billy Joel and James Taylor?

I'll double up on the Java Bone ribs this year... 6 slabs and I'm reserving a bunch for Jean and Stan. For anybody reading this thread, bring food Saturday... it's the right thing to do. There will be a huge crowd at the community center. Last year, there was barely enough food to go around. Post here and brag about how good the dish you're bringing will be!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Di, Nick, Bo and I are staying at site #60 this year. It's a huge site with room for a very large cocktail party on Friday night. Keep that in mind. Di thinks I should bring my electric and an amp... could happen, we'll see. Any of you like Elton, Billy Joel and James Taylor?
    How do I get site #60A?!! I'll be up Friday afternoon, just in time to set up everything before Trick strolls in that night after a hard day of caching. Not sure what I'll be bringing for the potluck this year, but it will be good...

I have the campground map and am plotting folks in the main campground in - if you haven't posted your site yet.........do so and I will add you in (if you want me to). Looking forward to seeing folks.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    I have the campground map and am plotting folks in the main campground in - if you haven't posted your site yet.........do so and I will add you in (if you want me to). Looking forward to seeing folks.
    Arriving either Wednesday or Thursday and will be on #19.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    Arriving either Wednesday or Thursday and will be on #19.
    All added - I think Team2Hunt has reservations too.