vb:literal>

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Countdown to Eustis

Default So, back on topic.....

......who is bringing a pot of dynamite to UEIII?
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    No - I think this was an American creation - based on the fact that the recipe contains LARGE amounts of celery - not an Italian custom. Anyone who has been to Italy knows that every town has it's own style of tomato sauce, but I'd never seen a recipe where celery was a MAJOR component before I heard of dynamites.
    Well, the celery could have been added after it was brought here, in which case it could jut be a variation. Of course, I don't like celery so if I made it, I'd leave it out!

Oh well, we can argue a million points and no one will still know any more! Ii say if you like it, who cares where it comes from or what animal is mixed in!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

A guy named Nobel invented dynamite....In Sweden I think. (Not Sweden Maine either!)

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Well, the celery could have been added after it was brought here, in which case it could jut be a variation. D
    I agree. Most new recipes are created because someone wants to make something and decides to add something else to make it different, or doesn't have all the ingredients and decides to substitute something.

Either way, GOOD EATS!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I agree. Most new recipes are created because someone wants to make something and decides to add something else to make it different, or doesn't have all the ingredients and decides to substitute something.

Either way, GOOD EATS!
    Oh! I get it. ........ Like when Belechek put in Brady because he didn't have any Bledsoe left!

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post
    Oh! I get it. ........ Like when Belechek put in Brady because he didn't have any Bledsoe left!
    Exactly! And as you can see, the end result is often better than the original!

Just made our reservation at site #74. Never been to Eustis. Will arrive Friday evening. Sounds like fun. No idea what to cook. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by NAGA17 View Post
    Just made our reservation at site #74. Never been to Eustis. Will arrive Friday evening. Sounds like fun. No idea what to cook. Any suggestions?
    Cook any casserole that you like to make and like to eat. If it fits in a crockpot that's even better for warming it up. Hot foods are preferred to cold salads and breads. Last year, everything disappeared really fast. Many hungry cachers make for quick work at a buffet potluck!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Kind of limited cooking at a campsite with no water or electricity. Can I bake a cake in the dutch oven? Or does it need to be a main course?

there are many many sites on the internet that have dutch oven recipes....as well and tons of great cookbooks about cooking with just a dutch oven here is one that has some good recipies
    http://camping.about.com/rsrch.htm?z...p=Dutch%20Oven

I would also reccomend a book called "the Scouts Outdoor Cookbook" by Christine and Tim Conners. It is 335 pages of recipes to cook at a campsite.
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.