vb:literal>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A little help

Default Sit-on-Top kayaks

Looks like Old Town doesn't sell sit-on-top kayaks anymore. But REI had quite a few of them. Once you find a make and model you like, you can see where you can get the best price. It's also good if you can try out different models first (yes, some places let you get them wet!). Maine Sport in Rockport has a pond and so does Belgrade Canoe and Kayak and he'll dicker on the price. Wilderness Systems had some nice looking ones.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

They sure do have a bunch of sit on top ones. I was surprised at the cost. Some were $5000.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    No, they didn't. I asked and they all stayed behind at the house. Of course, I haven't seen or heard a single one of them.

And Mike, I think what you need for a kayak is a sit-on-top. Go to Old Town and see what they have that's right for your weight. I use Sandpipers. They were made in Canada but sold by Old Town for a bit. But they don't hold much weight. I also have a Hobie Mirage (expensive but good). I don't like Yak Boards but a lot of people do. Check them all out, try them out, then buy.
    I have everything I need and thank you all for the support.

I have one that will hold 300#'s. I have had it out a few times and it works well.

I guess I don't really need lessons. On my last trip I figured it out that I should not try so hard not to get wet. I was going out in jeans, sneakers, long sleeve shirts and the like. Then a couple of jet shiers pulled up as I was getting out of the thing and I noticed how easy it was when you could just get in the water and have fun.

Walking in the woods and bushes my not be so bad with shorts. I could even bring a pair with me if need be.

Now I'm looking for a motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    I have everything I need and thank you all for the support.

I have one that will hold 300#'s. I have had it out a few times and it works well.

Now I'm looking for a motor.
    A 300 pound payload, sit on top, shallow draft and a motor. I think this exists. It's called a Jet Ski, they have been making them for a few years now...

Interesting. Those are the motorcycle like things that keep trying to sink me. Too expensive and bush whacking with one looks hard.