vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kayaking after the Last Cache Bash

Hybrid View

Default Kayaking after the Last Cache Bash

After Brad's event last year, several of us headed out to Pushaw Lake to do Brad's multi and a couple of other caches. It was a nice day for a paddle and we all had a great time.

I had so much fun, in fact, that I would love to do it again . Is anyone else up for it this year? We can just bring our kayaks with us to the event and head out when it seems like time. Tom, I promise we'll wait for you this time around .

I have no particular caches in mind so I'm hoping for suggestions for some great kayak caches!

I'm in! My house should be back together and my kayaks where they belong, not behind mountains of gravel.

I was thinking about this the other day!! A few years back, we had a campout on Warren Island. That might be a bit adventurous, but I was also thinking Ocean Quarry Campground in Stonnington. Of course, I'm for any kayaking!!!
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Brad's event is the weekend of the Bangor Gun Show. Now that I am on the Board of the Conservation Club (which sponsors the show), I will be there on Friday night and after the Bashe for the rest of the weekend.

A bummer as I would love to go paddling with a group. Hope you all have fun.

@ TAT - that camp out on Warren Island was a blast. So much to do - so little time.

Dawn and I have talked about heading up. I'd love to bring boats. I'll shoot her an e-mail and see if she is up for it.

I think I would like to go. I have one of those fancy kayak thingys and soon I will have a PFD and not a home made paddle. Count me in. Just no video allowed.

I have only done a couple Kayak caches so anywhere you choose sounds like fun.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Well, I've been having a look at kayak caches that are close enough to the event that we can easily travel to them and still have a few hours to paddle. It is also hard to find ones that haven't been done by at least one of us.

I think it would be good to go for a spot that has an interesting paddle, so it will be fun to do as a group, even for those who may already have done the cache(s). It would be nice if there were other interesting caches in the area, too.

Someone suggested the caches at Phillips Lake off of Route 1A. There are 3 caches to be found by kayak. One of them is http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...log=y&decrypt=

There is also the alphanumeric challenge cache nearby for those who don't have this one yet. And there is an interesting earthcache in the vicinity, as well.

I know some people may already have these, so if there are any other suggestions, let me know.

Default Maybe on Sunday

How about doing The Joy to the World series on Sunday. I don't think there is enough time on Saturday after the event. Being it's a 40 mile drive to the island. Of course this would only work for those staying in the area I guess. Just a thought.

The caches are: Joy to the World (GC1WRWB) by Three Dog Night (3/5)
    Joy to the Fishes (GC1WRX9) by Three Dog Night (2.5/5)
    Deep Blue Sea (GC1WRXE) by Three Dog Night (2.5/5)
    Mighty Fine Wine (GC1WRXA) by Three Dog Night (2/5)
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    How about doing The Joy to the World series on Sunday.
    Sheesh! This is what geocaching is all about! I just wish I were a little younger and a little bit in better shape! LOL!

Go for it!

Mapachi is now kayaking and in all due respect to my friend Pat, he's not a tri-athlete. I'm quite certain you could kayak. I went for the first time last year and it's actually quite easy.....and a whole lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! This is what geocaching is all about! I just wish I were a little younger and a little bit in better shape! LOL!

Go for it!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.