vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kayaking after the Last Cache Bash

Key is buying the right Kay for you (size, weight, upper body strength and many things considered). And - please, my friends, always wear your PFD!

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Key is buying the right Kay for you (size, weight, upper body strength and many things considered).
    Right! And another factor, is the amount of space available for the beer cooler!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Right! And another factor, is the amount of space available for the beer cooler!

Opps - sorry I forgot! Isn't that what that little round well with the cover is for??? Ice and brew? It's not for drainage!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    How about doing The Joy to the World series on Sunday. I don't think there is enough time on Saturday after the event. Being it's a 40 mile drive to the island. Of course this would only work for those staying in the area I guess. Just a thought.
    The Joy to the World series is an 8 mile paddle in total. Such a great area to paddle

We DNF'd 2 caches on Phillips Lake on 9/2/10. Not sure if they are missing or not but it is a beautiful lake and was a nice paddle too
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Talking

How about doing The Joy to the World series on Sunday. I don't think there is enough time on Saturday after the event. Being it's a 40 mile drive to the island. Of course this would only work for those staying in the area I guess. Just a thought.

The caches are: Joy to the World (GC1WRWB) by Three Dog Night (3/5)
    Joy to the Fishes (GC1WRX9) by Three Dog Night (2.5/5)
    Deep Blue Sea (GC1WRXE) by Three Dog Night (2.5/5)
    Mighty Fine Wine (GC1WRXA) by Three Dog Night (2/5)
    Add Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog (GC1WRXQ) which is a two-part multi that is also part of the series.

We have done the series and really enjoyed the paddle. We might consider going along just for the fun of it! Weekend weather is looking good!
    Wandering with a purpose!

Darn - if you all are going to do it - darn Gun Show - but I have to do it (the Gun Show I mean). You all have a great paddle.

How about doing The Joy to the World series on Sunday.
    Thinking about it. The weather looks promising. Who's in?

Default Same here

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Mapachi is now kayaking and in all due respect to my friend Pat, he's not a tri-athlete. I'm quite certain you could kayak. I went for the first time last year and it's actually quite easy.....and a whole lot of fun.
    Started last year and as mentioned earlier, do some research on them. I selected an Old Town Vapor as the cockpit opening is quite large which accommodates my knees and hips that don't fold as they once did.

And I'll tell ya.....I grew up on Millinocket Lake, on the water with a canvas canoe, moving up to a homemade boat with 25 hp Evinrude, on to bigger boats including a 28 foot, twin screw Carver and ending with a 20 foot Grady White. The most fun and relaxing time over the years has been in the kayak. Paddling just before/after sunrise with loons.....watching moose feed and bald eagles hunt. That's a stress-buster if ever there was one!
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by eebee View Post
    Thinking about it. The weather looks promising. Who's in?
    I'm in!!!!!
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Default You betcha!!

Name a time and we will make a plan.
    Happy Trails!