vb:literal>

Thread: Anyone Know k1br?

Default Anyone Know k1br?

Does anyone know the cacher k1br? They own a couple of caches in my area which are in need of some TLC.
    Back Cove Quest
    Get Out of Dodge

I would be interested in adopting the caches, but can't contact the cache owner through groundspeak, the send message is disabled.

There profile indicates they are ham radio users too, we have any ham radio folks here that might know them?

Any suggestions for contacting them would be appreciated.
    Any day caching is a good day.

Default Answer

E-mail sent with best info I could find from one source.

Sometimes it takes a while too. Try putting a note on the page.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    That is a good point I think many people fail to consider. They feel if they send an email or post a note they should get a reply back within an hour. Oftentimes these cache hiders have gotten caught up in much more important issues.

A few years ago there was a local cache that needed attention and it took over a week for a reply. I was lucky that I sent a nice email and was patient because I got an email back from the wife informing me that her husband had died.

I once requested help with a DNF on a out of state cache and unfortunately did not get a reply until after I returned home. As it turned out, the cacher was recovering from a heart attack.

I have seen several occasions where a cache owner is in the service and has ended up spending time away from home and does not have daily access to email.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    That is a good point I think many people fail to consider. They feel if they send an email or post a note they should get a reply back within an hour. Oftentimes these cache hiders have gotten caught up in much more important issues.

A few years ago there was a local cache that needed attention and it took over a week for a reply. I was lucky that I sent a nice email and was patient because I got an email back from the wife informing me that her husband had died.

I once requested help with a DNF on a out of state cache and unfortunately did not get a reply until after I returned home. As it turned out, the cacher was recovering from a heart attack.

I have seen several occasions where a cache owner is in the service and has ended up spending time away from home and does not have daily access to email.
    Great point BRDad - sometimes life does get in the way. My family knows all to well this week.

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    E-mail sent with best info I could find from one source.
    Got the e-mail, thanks it should be very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post

I have no intention of being pushy to the cache owner about maintenance. Both caches have multiple notes and requests for maintenance stretching back a couple of years. Not surprisingly, thats the same time frame the owner last logged into GC.

Both are in locations that I enjoyed visiting, in fact I have been to them multiple times. A polite offer to adopt a cache they may no longer have interest in can't do any harm in my opinion.

Why hasn't Brdad scolded you for publically calling out a cachet by name?

Quote Originally Posted by HappyTogether View Post
    I have no intention of being pushy to the cache owner about maintenance. Both caches have multiple notes and requests for maintenance stretching back a couple of years. Not surprisingly, thats the same time frame the owner last logged into GC.
    Sorry, I meant to put in a disclaimer that I was not accusing you of being that way, just reflecting on Ekidokai's post.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Not by Name

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    Why hasn't Brdad scolded you for publically calling out a cachet by name?
    That's his callsign.