vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earth Trek Gravestone Project

Exclamation Earth Trek Gravestone Project

There is an Earth Trek event in Maine next Saturday.

Check it out: http://www.goearthtrek.com/Graveston...nesEvents.html
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post

Thanks for sharing Team2Hunt - nice alternative for folks not going to the Tread Lightly Event.

Default Nice

Looks interesting, but like the TL event, can't make it. As time and caching go on, the older cemetaries have become my favorite locations by far. This would be a perfect opportunity to learn more. Thanks, Gary.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Post just a reminder

that this event is tomorrow in Casco. A chance to be outside and make a difference with our GPSr's. I have been a member since it first started, and the current projects can be done around the New England area.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Talking Very interesting

About 15 people showed up for the event, and even a couple of geocachers from Newburyport, Mass. The master of ceremonies was Gary Libby ( aka geoaware ) and we had a great time learning how to and why we were going to measure marble headstones. It's all for research, to help determine the rates of destruction from acid rain, and this is being done globally. I was proud to represent our community at this the first ever Earth Trek event, since it was in Maine and only a house away from where I grew up. Glad to be doing something today that would help us all out. I got no smiley from attending, but left with a greater worth than another find. Watch for an Earth Trek event coming to Maine in early November.

About 15 people showed up for the event, and even a couple of geocachers from Newburyport, Mass. The master of ceremonies was Gary Libby ( aka geoaware ) and we had a great time learning how to and why we were going to measure marble headstones. It's all for research, to help determine the rates of destruction from acid rain, and this is being done globally. I was proud to represent our community at this the first ever Earth Trek event, since it was in Maine and only a house away from where I grew up. Glad to be doing something today that would help us all out. I got no smiley from attending, but left with a greater worth than another find. Watch for an Earth Trek event coming to Maine in early November.
    Hope to catch up to you at Eustis to hear more.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Glad you were there to represent the community, anything you learned that you can share would be great, and keep us informed of upcoming events!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Casco?

I was out every night this past week, Thursday was a talk to locals in the Casco area about private road/camp road law. I didn't have any caches loaded as I didn't leave the area until after 10. Did I miss something? I almost dusted a skunk on the Tripp Lake road!

that this event is tomorrow in Casco. A chance to be outside and make a difference with our GPSr's. I have been a member since it first started, and the current projects can be done around the New England area.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Team2Hunt - can't wait to learn more - and it isn't always all about the smilie. I live in a Town founded when Maine was Massachusetts so can't wait to learn more. See you in Eustis!