vb:literal>

Thread: distance between caches

Default distance between caches

Hey, just got a question about distance between caches. Is there a rule on the distance between existing caches or archived caches? Can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Could someone email me? bigpapi122565@yahoo, thanx

Basic rule is .1 mile or 528 feet between active physical caches and physical stages of multis. Virtuals, Earthcaches, posted coords of puzzle caches do not usually apply. Archived caches have no bearing on the matter.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Once a cache is archived it is gone. It states an act of congress and special powers to bring it back to life.

There is an unwritten courtesy rule that states there is a strict two week morning period for that cache in a radius of 2 miles.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default Courtesy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    Once a cache is archived it is gone. It states an act of congress and special powers to bring it back to life.

There is an unwritten courtesy rule that states there is a strict two week morning period for that cache in a radius of 2 miles.
    There's that word again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post

Unwritten? Unheard of too!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Only those that are part of the inner circle and platinum membership have the info.

The official saturation guidelines are:

http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx#sat

Cache Saturation

Cache containers and physical stages should generally be separated by a minimum of 0.1 miles (528 feet or 161 m). A physical stage is defined as any stage that contains a physical element placed by the geocache owner, such as a tag with the next set of coordinates or a container. Non-physical caches or stages including reference points, trailhead/parking coordinates and question to answer waypoints are exempt from this guideline.
    Additionally, within a single multi-cache or mystery/puzzle cache, there is no minimum required distance between physical elements.
    Please don't hide a cache every 600 feet just because you can. The ultimate goals of the saturation guideline are to encourage you to seek out new places to hide caches rather than putting them in areas where caches already exist and to limit the number of caches hidden in a particular area, especially by the same hider. Groundspeak may further restrict cache listings in areas where cache saturation becomes a concern.
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    The official saturation guidelines are:

http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx#sat
    Thanks for quoting from the GC.com guidelines - why don't people ever get there to read them?

Just like commerce - seems like getting information on the seconary market it the way to go - LOL

Got a question - go to the place where publication comes from - Geocaching.com........... They have the answers.............and answer Email, too.

It is hard to navigate that site. There is a lot of stuff to go through, and this is the place to come if you need anything. Besides that, this quote does not address archived caches.
    Last edited by Ekidokai; 08-23-2010 at 12:55 AM.

Here is a good place to start;

http://support.groundspeak.com/index.php
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.