vb:literal>

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Temporarily Out of Commission

Thumbs up Yes it was

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    .....this wasn't well thought out. This should have been timed for the Eustis event!
    Take care of yourself and best wishes.
    I'll be at Togus both days. This is being treated as outpatient treatment pending what it looks like today and it's gone down an impressive amount just since I went to bed last night. The red is receding and the pain is....okay, so where she stuck the gargantuan needle in still tingles a tad through the pain meds but even that's improving. Things are lookin up.

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    I'll be at Togus both days. This is being treated as outpatient treatment pending what it looks like today and it's gone down an impressive amount just since I went to bed last night. The red is receding and the pain is....okay, so where she stuck the gargantuan needle in still tingles a tad through the pain meds but even that's improving. Things are lookin up.

we are praying they keep looking up till we get to the VA today too.
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

The VA?! I will definitely pray for you!!

Remember....That place is run by the federal government!!!
    I'm a Vet, I worked at Togus for twenty five years and I don't go there!
    Count your appendages before you leave!
    They all mean well, and are caring compassionate nurses and doctors, but waaaay over worked and have their hands tied by over regulation and politics!

P.S. Did I say I hate waiting in lines for hours on end, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post

They all mean well, and are caring compassionate nurses and doctors, but waaaay over worked and have their hands tied by over regulation and politics!

They may not be perfect but the "work related injury doctors" did nothing about either his pain or the enormous swelling...one look and the dr out to togus said there was definately more going on...which I knew! At least they are doing something to help him...our only other avenue was the workers comp guys who said take motrin and go back to work! ...I ll take togus over them any day!!
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post

RULost2 rececntly had surgery at the VA in West Roxbury, Mass. She had pre-op on Friday, and then we had to spend the weekend there befoe surgery on Monday.

She went back for a check-up on Thursday. Four 1/2 ours there, 3 hour wait, and then 4 1/2 hours back. Sheesh! (But she's doing great - end of problem.) Talk about waits!

We each have 2 appointments at Togus on the 30th. More waiting!

And JustKev - I've been an inpatient twice at Togus for infections. I feel your pain! LOL! (But they did a good job as far as I was concerned - especially the night nurses. Really were great.

All my care this go round has been in the emergency department because that's also their urgent care or walk in clinic. The staff I've interacted with there was beyond caring and compassionate.

I understand over regulation and politics but I don't see a lot of impact of those things in the care I have received from these terrific people.

I am optimistic that I won't be an inpatient for this infection. The response in my arm to the treatment yesterday is phenomenal. I have swelling still, but no where near what it was. One of the nurses said, yesterday, that my arm was near the bursting point. It's not now, not by any stretch.

Don't worry about a thing. Get well soon.

I just don't see how a major infection with IV drugs would slow anyone down that is truly dedicated to this game.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default The heck of it is.......

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    Don't worry about a thing. Get well soon.

I just don't see how a major infection with IV drugs would slow anyone down that is truly dedicated to this game.
    ....everything on me feels fine, except my right arm. And it's been swollen to about twice it's normal size from the elbow down. After one batch of antibiotic by way of IV it's returned about halfway back to where it needs to be. Going back in to Togus in just a few minutes to be re-evaluated and get more IV antibiotics. The worst about this trip is they may decide I need to be in the hospital to complete treatment if they don't like what they see when they look at it. Or, they may say it's time to open that up and remove the infection surgically. Those two scenarios are what keeps me from heading out to grab a couple caches on the way to Togus this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    ....everything on me feels fine, except my right arm. And it's been swollen to about twice it's normal size from the elbow down. After one batch of antibiotic by way of IV it's returned about halfway back to where it needs to be. Going back in to Togus in just a few minutes to be re-evaluated and get more IV antibiotics. The worst about this trip is they may decide I need to be in the hospital to complete treatment if they don't like what they see when they look at it. Or, they may say it's time to open that up and remove the infection surgically. Those two scenarios are what keeps me from heading out to grab a couple caches on the way to Togus this morning.

those and his wife!

Hope you have a full recovery soon. You both are in out thoughts and prayers.