vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bears and Playdough

Hybrid View

Default Bears and Playdough

I got an e-mail today that my Wolf Cache had been chewed up by a bear. So I went to find it and it does indeed have very large teeth marks in the cover, the container was smashed and the contents scattered. So what was the bear after? Apparently the Playdough since that had been eaten. A very hungry bear! So remember, when in wild and woodsy places and the cache is a plastic Lock and Lock, leave the Playdough (and anything else that might taste or smell good) at home. Thanks!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

wow that is something I never would of considered. I dont put playdough in caches my self but wouldnt have ever thought of it being a bad thing however. That musta been one hungry bear!
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Hmmmmm.... Wolf vs bear. Is that something like rock, paper, scissors?

Mmmmmmmmmmm, Play-Doh - almost as good as paste!

Anything with smell should not really be left in any cache. There used to be a lot of people leaving auto air fresheners in caches, which seem to be one of the few things I am sensitive to. And after sitting idle in an ammo box for 2 months, when you open it, it's like a stink bomb!

Not sure if air fresheners attract animals, but foods and Play-Doh do! I've seen popcorn, candy bars, peanuts, scented candles, bubble gum and more in caches. I really think this has improved - not sure it it's because people are realize there is an issue or people are just leaving less anyway.
    Last edited by brdad; 08-23-2010 at 05:27 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I really think this has improved - not sure it it's because people are realizing there is an issue or people are just leaving less anyway.
    Have you ever tried to put anything in a film can?
    Last edited by brdad; 08-23-2010 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Maybe I need to start filling them with used bubble gum?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Thanks, now I have to clean up the milk that shot out of my nose.

Pathtags are NICE!

maybe he laced his milk with beer??!!
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

The other thing which I don't think has been mentioned yet - but is smelly is scented candles, votives and the like. Have to agree I have seen my share of eats, treats, and stinkies.

The allergy piece is a great thought - and another reason to put in the cache page what the container really is. A recycled/reused peanut butter jar could be a letal cache container to a child who has a serious peanut allergy. Just a thought here.

Nice thread kayakingloon - good reminder!