vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Thought That This Game Wasn't About Numbers....

For me it IS about the numbers but quite possibly not the same as some of you. 1. I like to try and stay ahead of the person I cache the most with. #Fail...DrWhogrl passed me and has been ahead for a while. 2. I like the numbers that give you a different kind of smiley... Numbers like the Number of people you meet at event or add on facebook and you have time to have a conversation with that doesn't involve just caching, letting you get to know the person and who they really are. Events don't happen all the time and it's nice to have someone else you can keep in touch with on a regular basis, even if caching is the only common denomenator. Lets face it, this is one of the most diverse groups out there and continues to remain that way.

Perhaps this part should go into a different thread...It used to be that when I got someone into caching, this was one of the first places I'd send them to get help with anything and everything. Lately, I'd tend to steer them to myself or another cacher directly due to all the polite disagreements that go on here. Caching may be about the physical number of caches you find for YOU and what you went through to get the smiley, but there are a lot of numbers involved in this game. The number of visitors to this site is a pretty important number too so keep that in mind as well.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

well said!

And speaking of numbers, apparently many of the roads where Chadd's Star War series were placed are now gated so he's archived them all. You snooze, you loose I guess. Di and I got most of them. Too bad, that was a fun run for many of us.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    And speaking of numbers, apparently many of the roads where Chadd's Star War series were placed are now gated so he's archived them all. You snooze, you loose I guess. Di and I got most of them. Too bad, that was a fun run for many of us.
    yeah, thats a tough one to understand, those were all good roads, probably some of those liberal hippies that don't want people hanging out in the woods....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    yeah, thats a tough one to understand, those were all good roads, probably some of those liberal hippies that don't want people hanging out in the woods....
    Sheesh! Come down and visit me sometime. I'll take you to a real 1960's Hippie Colony - aptly named "Creep City"! (It's located about 3 miles further down the road I live on! LOL!)

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! Come down and visit me sometime. I'll take you to a real 1960's Hippie Colony - aptly named "Creep City"! (It's located about 3 miles further down the road I live on! LOL!)
    lol, you mean in new portland?? I thought they were only there a few days a year...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    lol, you mean in new portland?? I thought they were only there a few days a year...
    No this is a permanent "colony". Rather nice actually - as are the people. Two are local high school teachers.

I think I'm more "stats" orientated then "numbers" per se.
    I get real antsy when I approach my "Days between a cache find" stat.
    I also like to keep my stat for average number of finds per day of caching above 5.0 for some inane reason!
    This is where power runs come in handy! I can get a cache a day for a while, then go on a short power run to bring my daily average up!

If I fail to pay attention to these two stats, I'm afraid I'll loose my "edge"! (and my sanity!)

Default Who are you kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post
    I think I'm more "stats" orientated then "numbers" per se.
    I get real antsy when I approach my "Days between a cache find" stat.
    I also like to keep my stat for average number of finds per day of caching above 5.0 for some inane reason!
    This is where power runs come in handy! I can get a cache a day for a while, then go on a short power run to bring my daily average up!

If I fail to pay attention to these two stats, I'm afraid I'll loose my "edge"! (and my sanity!)
    You lost your sanity years ago. Some of your caches reflect that. You know, as in "Mapachi has to be insane to place caches like this!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    You lost your sanity years ago. Some of your caches reflect that. You know, as in "Mapachi has to be insane to place caches like this!!!!"

Ok, enough of that! Who you been talkin' to; my wife? She thinks I lost my marbles years ago. Little does she know; I have them all in a little cloth bag I keep hidden in a box that's buried in the woods.........now if I could only remember where I hid the coordinates to the box!