vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stud Mill Road by Bicycle

Hybrid View

Default Stud Mill Road by Bicycle

Well, I think I am part to blame for this idea. Tat, laroch and I are going to do the Stud Mill Road tributes by bike and we're going to do it on the Labor Day Weekend. I'm thinking that we are going to spot cars, food, drinks, etc., on Saturday and try the run on Sunday, starting EARLY in the morning.

We'll be starting at Robt's tribute at the corner of Route 9 and CCC Road. Then on to Little River Road, next Milford Rd/Grand Stream Roads and on to Route 1. From Route 1 we will go down Pocomoonshine Mountain Road and then on to the Stud Mill Road for the final grand push east.

Quote from Ekidokai "I got the idea when I heard Karen say she wanted to do the Centum Challenge on a bike. So, here it is. Good luck Karen. Now 160 strong." (A run for Karen - GC1TJYN).

Will anyone be caching in the area and willing to give a helping hand? We may need a lift in the morning or at the end (both most likely to be horrid hours in the morning), just someone to cheer us on, or a bike and rider pick-up. I am the weakest link in the trio and will not hold back the guys if they have a chance of making the 100 in a day. Some people have used drivers to record times that caches were found (although we have a spread sheet ready to use).

Also, we'll take any advise that you're ready to give on this series.

Ekidokai, we're finally going to get at this. Thanks for the run and your offer to help. It's going to be fun and I couldn't ask for better company than tat and laroch to give it a try.

I'll be out there with a cooler of ice cold water finding the new ones and doing maintenance. You have my new dry number so call.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default Now here's an ambitious challenge!

Hopefully it rains the day before you strike out. You'll need goggles and bandana's to keep the dust out of your eyes, nose and mouth.

While the road is wide in most spots, I would still opt for one of those whip antenna things with an orange flag on the top to let some of the crazies that ride around out there know you're on the road.

Other then that, you should be good.

Good luck to you all. Make us proud!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

I know that Tandemstoker did a bunch by bike so if you wanted to send her a PM she may have some great advice!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    Wish I wasn't doing a yardsale...cause I'd have to be there with you. Good luck.
    I know you would! And you could drag me behind on a tether.

BIKES? Boy you guys are ambitious. Do you know HOW LONG the Stud Mill Rd is? Thats like using your bike to cache from Brewer to Calais via RT 9.

Where the hell is that thing?

100 miles, 100 caches. One chance. If we only get part way, we'll have to find a whole new cache run somewhere.
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Default Maybe

I'm okay with just giving it a try. This whole thing started with a conversation that has exploded into a world of possibilities. I love challenges.... and this sure will be one.

Thumbs up

Most of us did this run by starting early in the morning and finishing when it got dark. But we all should remember that the centum rule is 100 in a day, meaning 24 hours, giving you more opportunity if you have the stamina. I wish you three the best of luck.....there will be a huge group of people waiting to see how you do.