vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talk About Coincidences!

Default Talk About Coincidences!

Sheesh!

Many of the "old timers" on GCM.org will remember EGSG, a great geocaching couple who moved to Texas from Maine.

I was re-reading some of my recent cache logs, looking for a lost TB, and I noticed that EGSG had logged some of the same caches in Tennessee, on the same date that we had. They were heading to Maine too!

Wow! It really is a small world!

I saw they found a few caches up here, wish we could have caught up with them. To anyone who has never met them, they are great people.

And you are right, geocaching helps remind me how small a world it is on a regular basis!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Yes, It is a small world. Someone just did one of our caches this week and the log in name resembled a full name of someone we knew years ago. Come to find out it was a neighbor that moved away years ago. Small world.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

I emailed EGSG about the coincidence, and Ed responded, saying that they recognized us from the stickers we use on our log entries, and did remembered us.

The first cachers I ever met "In the wild" were EGSG. Nice people

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    The first cachers I ever met "In the wild" were EGSG. Nice people

I'm still waiting to meet my first cacher(s) "in the wild".............

My first run in with other cachers "in the wild" was with dblbogey11, and EMSdanel. We were all out very early one morning looking for "Al Mumata's Cotchpinicut". We teamed up and got a co-ftf. I have ran into others along the way and it is always fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Fins_Up View Post
    My first run in with other cachers "in the wild" was with dblbogey11, and EMSdanel. We were all out very early one morning looking for "Al Mumata's Cotchpinicut". We teamed up and got a co-ftf. I have ran into others along the way and it is always fun.

ya you missed meeting us by "that" much hehe
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

We've run into a couple of caching teams "in the wild". We did the Kennebec/Messalonskee Train in April and ran into jkpoulin as they were trying to act innocent at a cache location while we passed back by. We had already located that one so we told them we knew what they were doing. Then, we ran into surfsupdiversdown while we were both still in vehicles, she was leaving as we were arriving. And most recently we met ampmdp at a cache. Other cachers we seen in the wild were at the cache at our house. We spent several minutes talking to SmallWorldTreks_Bee there and saw dblbogey11 from the window and spied dubord207 but we were headed out the door for an appointment and didn't harass him like we should have.

My son and I were caching the Rail Trail last year and ran into ampmdp. We were riding our bikes and saw them trying to be inconspicuous while looking for "something" on the side of the trail. As we were going by them on the bikes I said "Don't worry were not muggles". They laughed as we rode off. We ran into each other again later that day and chatted for a while. Another fun day and great caching memory.