vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wear your orange

Exclamation Wear your orange

It is that time of year again. The leaves have started to change, the days get colder and the night seems to come quicker. It is also the start of hunting season here in Maine, and around New England. The bear hunting season started in late August and now the camoed bow hunters will be out starting tomorrow. Be careful when out in the woods as anyone, can be out there hunting with you. Wear your orange and be safe. The links on the front page will guide you through each new England state for their respective hunting laws and seasons.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    It is that time of year again. The leaves have started to change, the days get colder and the night seems to come quicker. It is also the start of hunting season here in Maine, and around New England. The bear hunting season started in late August and now the camoed bow hunters will be out starting tomorrow. Be careful when out in the woods as anyone, can be out there hunting with you. Wear your orange and be safe. The links on the front page will guide you through each new England state for their respective hunting laws and seasons.
    Thanks for your reminder Team2Hunt. Also, FYI, Native American land in the State of Maine does not all share the same hunting seasons. I don't know of anywhere those seasons are posted.

So wearing your blaze orange when on any Native American land or roadways running through their lands (such as part of what is known as the Stud Mill Road run) from now until the major hunts are over with would not be a bad idea. If in doubt about where the Native boundries are located - consult a DeLorme Gazateer.

And - don't forget about your dogs during this season. Mine can look like a small fawn - thankfully she prefers to sleep in the car. Orange vests are available for dogs too.

Cache safely! Thanks Team2hunt for this thread.

That thing of yours could be mistaken for a small moose.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    That thing of yours could be mistaken for a small moose.
    She has an orange vest too!

Thumbs up thanks for checking this out

I see that 90 people have viewed this thread and now know that hunting season is here. Please use common sense when in the woods, and be careful.

Remember that there is NO HUNTING on Sundays in the state of Maine.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Exclamation There's more....

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    I see that 90 people have viewed this thread and now know that hunting season is here. Please use common sense when in the woods, and be careful.

Remember that there is NO HUNTING on Sundays in the state of Maine.
    A hunter from Shin Pond knows it's hunting season. Got bit by a bear he "mortally wounded". The bear was being chased by dogs. Bear hunting has it's risks.

Cool The weather looks good.....

and I just want everyone to be safe this upcoming weekend. Check the area where you are heading and wear your orange.

Default Bear Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    A hunter from Shin Pond knows it's hunting season. Got bit by a bear he "mortally wounded". The bear was being chased by dogs. Bear hunting has it's risks.

Thats his fault. You should never hunt bear with people or animals that can outrun you. Never be the slowest, aka "bear food" in your hunting party. I know I can't outrun a dog so I'd never shoot a bear while out hunting with them. His best bet would have been to shoot the dog next and keep running.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

That poor bear.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default Poor bear?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    That poor bear.
    I can't wait for November now that my arm bends enough to shoot my rifles again.