vb:literal>

Thread: Delome challenge

Hybrid View

Default Delome challenge

I know some of you have completed the challenge and I applaud you for that. Can you tell the rest of us the easiest way to keep track of how you are progressing on the challenge and how to track our finds and which grids the best way? Is there a way to run all of your finds and see which ones are missing?
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Delorme....
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterski View Post
    I know some of you have completed the challenge and I applaud you for that. Can you tell the rest of us the easiest way to keep track of how you are progressing on the challenge and how to track our finds and which grids the best way? Is there a way to run all of your finds and see which ones are missing?
    Establish a "bookmark" list on GC.com and make sure it is "shared". Not only does it assist you in keeping tabs, it establishes a time stamp and tracking for the cache owner, helping the CO to verify.

As for myself, I established this bookmark and then actually mark the map in the Delorme.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

When I did it - I was putting big Black magic marker X on my Gazateer. Also I did have a bookmark list. When Cache Maine and I reached our last cache - we took the DeLorme and ripped it in half LOL A celebration of sorts at the bridge where we finished.

Good Luck on you adventure to the finish all! Well worth it!

There are tools that should assist you in my article Maine Challenge Cache Help. If anyone had any ideas that should be added by all means say so and I'll add it.

There is also a GSAK macro titled CacheRoute which will assist in plotting out the best route for up to 25 locations.

The one thing I'd reccomend to anyone doing the Delorme Challenge if it is at all possible - Don't rush it; it will mean more to have done a few of the tougher caches on some of the grids than grabbing one of the more recently placed "quicker" ones and scurrying off to the next map. There can be some great adventures within the adventure of the challenge itself. Also, while you are out, you may want to verify any of the 2001 caches and attempt those to qualify for the Cache Like It's 2001 (GC146JV) by Sudonim (5/5).
    Last edited by brdad; 09-07-2010 at 07:04 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

BRDad's reminder here is a good one. There was a Unique Place challenge when I was working on the DeLorme - not sure if it is still there. Unique places off the front pages of the book.

I knew there were some other tools - thanks for posting BRDad. You case use these challenges as a way to expand your knowledge base of utilizing tools, using GSAk and a whole bunch of things.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    There are tools that should assist you in my article Maine Challenge Cache Help. If anyone had any ideas that should be added by all means say so and I'll add it.

There is also a GSAK macro titled CacheRoute which will assist in plotting out the best route for up to 25 locations.

The one thing I'd reccomend to anyone doing the Delorme Challenge if it is at all possible - Don't rush it; it will mean more to have done a few of the tougher caches on some of the grids than grabbing one of the more recently placed "quicker" ones and scurrying off to the next map. There can be some great adventures within the adventure of the challenge itself. Also, while you are out, you may want to verify any of the 2001 caches and attempt those to qualify for the Cache Like It's 2001 (GC146JV) by Sudonim (5/5).

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    There was a Unique Place challenge when I was working on the DeLorme - not sure if it is still there. Unique places off the front pages of the book.
    Maine Natural and Unique Delorme College AS Degree (GC13H9D) by Rescue_Rangers (5/5) is the cache you are thinking of. Unfortunately, this cache is no longer a challenge unless you choose to make it one.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Aw - that's to bad as it was a ton of fun! But you are right BRDad - one could always just Do It!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Maine Natural and Unique Delorme College AS Degree (GC13H9D) by Rescue_Rangers (5/5) is the cache you are thinking of. Unfortunately, this cache is no longer a challenge unless you choose to make it one.