vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: robbed

Default robbed

Just wanted to let folks know...A bunch of my stuff was stolen from my car Friday night in the Old Port...including a backpack with all of my geocoins Prescription sunglasses, a good flashlight, and my iPod were also taken...strangely, but luckily, my iPod was returned to me the next day by someone who found it in the old port on the ground and called me using the contact info...anyway, just a warning...LOCK YOUR CAR! My car door locks are kind of broken and don't automatically lock anymore...I usually check them all now, but must have missed one. Somehow, they left my nuvi, and other things...if anyone hears of some coins for sale, let me know...

Friggin' bummer!
    Going to be hard to fence those geocoins. I'm betting they'll catch the mutha$#&% who did this.

Our car was broken into when we were in Dallas in August. They thief broke out a window and ripped our radio out of the dash. Also stole my netbook, which I had forgotten to take out, but left the Nikon camera.

Yes, ALWAYS lock your doors, but if a thief really wants what they CAN SEE, they'll break in anyway.

Remember to never have your home address in your gps. When you are standing there telling the cops what was stolen the thieves are at your house stealing more!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by shuman road searchers View Post
    Remember to never have your home address in your gps. When you are standing there telling the cops what was stolen the thieves are at your house stealing more!
    And how I supposed to get home then?
    Moo

Sorry to hear about the loss of your items. It happens all too often. Worse than losing the items, it's an invasion of your space which takes a while to get over.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your items. It happens all too often. Worse than losing the items, it's an invasion of your space which takes a while to get over.
    This is so very true ~ and ~ I will add, if you ever do. My family home was broken into in 1976 - I still am ever vigilent, my mother went to her grave afraid, and a lifetime of memories and family items were gone forever - never to be found or recovered.

You can reconstruct a list of the tracking codes on your coins from your profile. Print it and circulate it to the Police and local pawn shops, along with photos of what the coins look like. If you need help getting photos, I am sure others will help - just shout out.

Pawn shops, unless we educate them, don't know about Geocoins - but the one in Bangor I visited was willing to listen. AND - Pawn shops sell on Ebay folks. Pawn shop transactions are done with IDs so if they come it - folks can be found.

I would also change the name on all my coins to STOLEN first and then the name of the coin - adding a brief explanation. Sometimes it helps and I have recovered coins found in caches after they went missing from caches by doing this.

Hopefully, the police searched the area and alleys near where the Ipod was found too.

Very, very sorry to hear of your loss. I hope some of the things find their way home. Keep us posted.

It might not be so hard to sell them - but I just posted a notice on the Geocaching/Geocoin national forums so others will watch and be diligent. Every little bit helps. Many of these folks watch, sell and buy on Ebay. That is where I suspect they may end up. Again, sorry for your loss......maybe the perps will be caught - I hope!

That just sucks.

Same thing happened to me in Vermont. Lucky like you nothing was smashed to gain entry.

I am not suggesting this to any one else, but I set somethings up and was able to catch the three kids about four months later.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

thanks so much everybody...hardly seems to matter after what Patrick and family are dealing with...