vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wear your orange

Haven't posted in forever but thought I would add just some info to this thread... Hunting on Penobscot Indian Land is allowed 7 days per week- I am not sure of the other tribal lands in Maine but believe they follow the same guidelines. For Penobscots the actual season dates are available through the tribal website but for big game the firearm season runs September through 12/31. I do not know of any caches that fall within Penobscot Tribal lands however do know that there are a few active caches that are very close if not within Passamaquoddy Tribal land. Feel free to contact me if you have questions.
    Becka Francis Family

Welcome back, and that is good information to know for those that cache in those areas. Perhaps we can find links to those season dates and add them to the hunting section on the front page. Using my new Maine Towns GSAK macro I only see 3 caches on any land labeled as reservation, and those are all in "Indian Twp Res.", near Princeton. I'm not sure if those boundaries are consistent with actual reservation land or not - We were discussing this somewhere (chat maybe?) a few weeks back.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I not being funny but years ago when I lived in Red Beach I thought you could hunt anytime on those lands with a bow.

Is that still true? Or was it ever?
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Ah, no. But by the sounds of things, the Statute of Limitations has likely run. So what illegal animals did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    I not being funny but years ago when I lived in Red Beach I thought you could hunt anytime on those lands with a bow.

Is that still true? Or was it ever?
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default Not me

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Ah, no. But by the sounds of things, the Statute of Limitations has likely run. So what illegal animals did you get?
    I was dating girls from the Indian lands there and I think they told me that.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Brdad, I am not techno literate so I have no idea if you can make a link... but you can find the penobscot hunting season dates by going to www.penobscotnation.org look under the natural resources department and you should be able to view the most current hunting regulations, the season dates are listed toward the end. Hope that helps.
    Oh and thanks for the welcome back
    Becka Francis Family

Lightbulb Youth Deer Day

Next Saturday the 23rd is Youth Deer Day, and the start of the rifle season for deer hunting. It's time to grab your orange and put it in the geo mobile so you will have it when you need it. Or just wait and head outside on Sunday's when, in Maine, there is NO HUNTING!

The following Saturday October 30th is the official start of deer hunting with a rifle in Maine. Please check the links on the home page to see your respective state for their seasons, regulations and laws. Be safe this season.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    Or just wait and head outside on Sunday's when, in Maine, there is NO HUNTING!
    Sheesh! No hunting on Sunday? Oops...

I know what you mean, Bruce. When I moved from Waterville to China about 30 years ago, I made the mistake of inquiring why there was so much gunfire at night in this area. The answer was that this is an "exempt" area! Huh? So hunting goes on in this area 24/7, 365 days a year but hunter orange is not needed except during the official season. There's a lot of rednecks in this part of Maine who could care less about the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! No hunting on Sunday? Oops...
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

China isnt the only "exempt" area of the state LOL
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.