vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most caches in a given town Version 2

That fixed it!

Hmmm.... 100 towns in a day?
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    That fixed it!

Well, part of what inspired this idea was the fact Vermont has a challenge cache where you have to find a cache (Or prove you were in) in each of it's ~250 towns. How much harder can Maine's 915 be?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default But......

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    That fixed it!

By bike?
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Default Macro moved to GSAK

I have deleted the older version of this macro from this site and officially listed it on the GSAK web site. The new version runs much the same but has a few new additions to the code to handle the few caches on the border as well as a fix in the ploygon file.

http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=19842

Here is an example map of my Maine Finds. I still have a few minor edits to make:

Last edited by brdad; 10-08-2011 at 09:54 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Here is another map that shows cache density by town for the state (Darker areas are higher density).

All the files are posted and appear to be working. For anyone that wants to add this map to their stats but are a bit lost in doing so, here are instructions. To see the actual output as it will show in your profile, look at my profile.

1. Install and run the ME_Towns Macro to populate one of the User Data columns with the town names. Remember which User Data column you chose. You will want to run this macro to populate the column every time you have more caches in your database and want to run the FindStats macro.

2. Download and install FindStatGen3.gsk or FindStatGen39Beta.gsk and run it or just run it if you already have it installed.

3. (Some knowledge of FindStatGen may be needed) Select the Setting Group you want to use. Click the Maps button

4. Click the Install Map Data Files from GSAK button

5. Scroll down and check Maine Towns then the Install button

6. When done loading, click the Edit Map Data Files button

7. Choose Maine Towns from the drop down list

8. Select the User Data column you chose in step 1 from the Data Source drop down list

9. You can also edit other map features like colors and shading at this time

10. In order for these custom maps to show, "Other Maps" must be enabled on the Section Order screen of the FindStats macro.

11. Run the macro like you would normally and the map should be included in the output.
    Last edited by brdad; 10-09-2011 at 08:29 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!