vb:literal>

Thread: gsak and pocket queries

Default gsak and pocket queries

I have very basic knowledge of how to use the gsak and pocket query. Recently, when I make a PQ and then transfer it to my GPS, not all of the caches in the PQ actually make it on to my colorado. I have cleared the caches off the GPS and then reloaded and get the same result. I don't really understand what is going on.

I'm wondering if it's because I have loaded more caches into gsak than what my GPS can hold so it only loads some and not all? For example, I made a 200 cache PQ of the 04562 zip. Almost all loaded but Fort Baldwin, All Patched Up and Superbowl Blitz did not. They were in the PQ, but didn't end up on my gps.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I am doing wrong or where I can get some help? Thank you!

I can tell you this. GSAK is great.

Try doing a PQ system for all the caches in the state. There is an article on the front page to do this in 7 PQ's.

When you get them all you will be able to load and upload and search and all kinds of stuff with GSAK after that anywhere in the state.

Some of the people that use the unite you have will be able to give more of a accurate amount of help for your troubles, but having a fully loaded GSAK will make a big difference.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Once they are in gsak, say 3000 caches, how do I then just load certain caches into my gps? My gps will only hold 2000 (i think) so I don't want a bunch of Maine caches oaded in it if I'm going to MA for the weekend and vice versa.

I need a crash course in gsak! lol

If you sort your GSAK list before sending it to the GPSr, it will start at the top of the list and stop when it reaches the limit. For example, if you are caching near your house, you can set the center point of GSAk to your home and then export. You can also filter out caches you know you do not want to do like cache size, terrain, or distance using GSAk's filter until you have less than the maximum caches you want to send.

Alternatively, on most any of the export screens or macros there is an option which is "Maximum waypoints to send". Enter some number less than 2000 in that box and it will stop at that number (working it's way down the list.)
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Love the filter aspect of GSAK, it's one of my favorite uses,amongst many and I still haven't scratched the surface of the use for GSAK. The best 20 bux I ever spent except for my GC membership.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

If your not planning on coming to an event anytime soon I'll drop by next time I'm in the area which will probably be first part of October.

I had to turn around in your drive the last time I was down there looking for caches.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I didn't realize I could sort while in gask! duh. Well, I'll have to play with that some then. That makes a lot of sense now and should help if I can figure out how to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ltlindian View Post
    I didn't realize I could sort while in gask! duh. Well, I'll have to play with that some then. That makes a lot of sense now and should help if I can figure out how to do that.
    Between sorting and filtering, you can manipulate GSAK data a lot. Maybe someday I'll learn one of GSAK's other features! LOL!