vb:literal>

Thread: Article Today - Maine Sunday Telegram - Earthcache - Camden Hills State Park

Thumbs up Article Today - Maine Sunday Telegram - Earthcache - Camden Hills State Park

In today's edition of the Maine Sunday Telegram there was an article about Geocaching. The writer went with a cacher (Wendy Almeida - sorry no Geonick), to Camden Hills State Park and did some caching. They did an Earthcache and a traditional cache.

Here is the link to the article by Shannon Bryan.

It did have a list of websites and ours was one so perhaps why all the new members.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    The writer went with a cacher (Wendy Almeida - sorry no Geonick), to Camden Hills State Park and did some caching.
    Wendy Almeida has been a member of GCM.org for years (although she hasn't logged on for a couple of years). Her GMC.org name is RobotBunny.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Wendy Almeida has been a member of GCM.org for years (although she hasn't logged on for a couple of years). Her GMC.org name is RobotBunny.
    Wondered her Nick - thanks WRW!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Yup she joined about 7 months before I did. But I keep coming back -

Default Brickyard Point

There are two caches on Brickyard Point in Falmouth, a difficult to reach area that was isolated by the construction of I-295 many years ago. Portland Trails placed some trails on them and an inviting trailhead sign you drive by at 65 MPH. Two caches followed, but there was really no way without boat, canoe or kayak to reach them.

In late August 2009 Portland Trails and The Island Trails Association sponsored two boatloads of folks for a guided walk around the point. DSKG, Team Horwich and I jumped on the chance and were able to find the caches, without the rest of the group, about 20 or so, being any the wiser.

We learned on September 1, 2009, when Shannon published her blog, that she was in the group. I had noticed her, and the guy with her taking pictures, but did not realize we had a chance to expose her to caching until the blog was published. Oh well, glad she is now in the know.