vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some things you can't un-see

I would have had to have poked my eyes out!

So, you're logging the FTF on that "scenic cache"?

Quote Originally Posted by Fins_Up View Post
    I was at training in Portland this week and decided to find some caches during my lunch break. I found a trail near the training facility that had some caches so I decided to go find a few Friday. The name of the trail was Clark's Pond trail. I parked over by HD and had to skip the first cache because some vagrants were parked at the picnic table and watching every move I made. I should have seen the warning signs there. I made my way down the paved path and found the trail. I didn't know it at the time but I actually went the wrong direction. I walked a short distance down the path and saw someone standing about 25 yards away. I couldn't quite figure out what they were doing at first but then I saw someone else on the ground in front of them. OMG!!! I wanted to poke out my eyeballs. I turned to go and they realized someon else was there. It was two middle aged men and they were scrambling to get themselves together and I was scrambling to get the H E double hockey sticks out of there. I guess I am used to caching in central Maine because I have never come across this. Thank goodness I didn't have my boys with me. Not a pleasant experience. Has anyone else had anything like this happen?
    I once met a guy, while geocaching in woods, offering me a free BJ. I already mentioned it another thread. Remote places are good for many activities not just geocaching. Maybe you should stick with rural caches while caching with family.
    Moo

Wow, I guess I'm used to city living done in Philly, 2 people have a good time in the woods is nothing. Maine, the way life should be and the rest of the world, the way life really is.

ya know....maybe iam a prude...maybe i see the world thru rose colored glasses....I know that stuff goes on...but darnit there is a time and a place for everything...THAT was NEITHER the TIME NOR the PLACE for THAT imho
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

in other words...if ya wanna do that no matter who you are...GET A ROOM dont go to a public place
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

I totally agree and I think that most parents would feel that same way. I am not okay even seeing it myself and I would never want my child to see that when we are supposed to be out for a fun day.

We were in that area today.....didn't go out looking for anything. Not even any caches.

Yeah, we drove up to a similar situation in a Canadian park once. It isn't just in Maine. It was a suprise, but we just moved along. I think the reason the one in Ellsworth received such attention is the cache owner wasn't willing to consider the area might not be appropriate and that the regular activity of this area was for sex. (I mean there was a mattress right there ).
    They say I have A.D.D. but they just don't understand. Oh Look! A chicken!

You can't even go grocery shopping with your family anymore *Deleted*
    Last edited by brdad; 09-28-2010 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Edited out link [url]http://halbot.haluze.sk/image/20196[/url]
    Moo