vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Get Useless In Eustis IV

Default Get Useless In Eustis IV

First, thanks to all those who attended this years event, brought food, door prizes, and made it fun for all!

So.. when do we have next years event? Opinions please. September 24th? September 17th? Earlier? Not later.

Any changes we should make to the "format"?

Does the awarding of door prizes take too long? If so, how can we speed that up?

Thanks for any input! KL
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Either date would be fine. I really think the later date presents more foliage but heck, the entire area is spectacular any time of year.

I think the format is fine! This year, there was a lot more food which is nice because there was a full house... again!

Thanks again for making this happen. We know it takes a lot of work to put together such a fine event, let alone all the nice new caches you placed! I was ready to book a site when we left this morning and the campground is closing October 3rd, so if you decide before then, let us all know so we make our reservations!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Jean - again = an event enjoyed by many and a huge TFTC!

I would like to see this not on the weekend of the Common Ground Fair (CGF) = but it its your event, choose the date. I do believe one consideration is = no conflict with CGF you will get more cachers (those who go to the fair - I can think of at least the potential for 6 or more).

Let us know. Another great event and super time! Thanks for the caches which had, as always, super swag!

Default Well.....

Either time frame is fine for me. I think the current time frame, as in the past 3 events, have been good timing for Cathedral Pines giving them a season-ending boost.
    Hollora has a valid point about the Common Ground Fair......but why go to CGF when I can get Useless in Eustis?
    Dunno what to tell 'ya about the doorprizes, it just takes a little time.
    And the format? I think it works fine.
    Last edited by pm28570; 09-26-2010 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Additional info
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

I like the later date for the foliage, but I"m just happy to go! I would say stick with the format! It works, everyone has a great time, if it's not broke, don't fix it.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Lightbulb Keep it where it is works for me.

I am so fine with the current date and how you do things. As others have said...It's your event!
    Happy Trails!

Sorry for yet another year we were unable to make it. We're still hoping for next year!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    First, thanks to all those who attended this years event, brought food, door prizes, and made it fun for all!

So.. when do we have next years event? Opinions please. September 24th? September 17th? Earlier? Not later.

Any changes we should make to the "format"?

Does the awarding of door prizes take too long? If so, how can we speed that up?

Thanks for any input! KL
    Thanks for organizing such a great events. I prefer to have events week earlier (mid of September). You can speed up door prices by drawing them faster (parallelize it) Food lines could be parallelized too. I don't have problem with WiFi reception for some reason but having a client server WiFi router with a big antenna connected to public library would help, maybe I can bring one next year.
    Moo

Default Cgf

While I have always enjoyed the CGF and visiting with all the goat herders and folks that don't come to town often, if given the choice I'd opt for a weekend in Eustis...hands down. Besides, the sausages cooked on my grill on Friday night contained 100% meat with nitrates, nitrites and not even a hint of spinach!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Besides, the sausages cooked on my grill on Friday night contained 100% meat with nitrates, nitrites and not even a hint of spinach!
    Sheesh! Next year, RULost2? and I may have to dig out the pop-up camper!

What brand/kind of sausages were these? (Is there a "smilie" for drooling?)