vb:literal>

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Guie3

Default Guie3

The Third Annual Get Useless In Eustis Event (GUIE3, pronounced, I assume as Gooey3) has been published for a bit. Quite a few of you have signed up and we hope to see a lot more of you there!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

When I was new, I read of events and sort of wondered. Although folks who have met me feel I am outgoing - the truth is - sometimes not so until I reach a comfort level.

The first event I attended - I thought I would be a lump on a log but quickly realized folks were real friendly. And from that I have met many wonderful folks.

If your hesitation is meeting folks - just take a deep breath and dive on in. You will probably find this crazy sport (or whatever you call it - game, et al) binds us all together in a crazy, wacky way.

Come on up and enjoy the fun - for whatever time you have available. Hope to see you there!

Here's a link to the event listing. RULost2? and I should be there...

Gooey3 - Happy to hear RUL2 and WhereRWe will be there - my Mom used to make Gooey Bars for all the suppers - maybe I should search her old books and cards for the recipe? LOL

Default Lift up Sugarloaf

The Eustis event is a time when some people work on their Eustis Caching Challenge degrees. This year one of the two caches for the doctor's degree will be easier. Sugarloaf is running the quad lift on weekends so you can ride up almost to the cache. You still have to struggle a bit uphill and find the cache but that's better than walking up! The lift costs $25. per person (I think). And you can ride back down. If it's sunny and the foliage is good it should be a great way to spend part of a day!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Default You know....

This is, arguably, the event of the year. I certainly do not mean to slight anyone that conducts other events, but this is the one! If you are considering attending an event or as Hollora mentioned, hesitating about going, GUIEIII is the one. If you're new to caching, the wealth of experienced cachers willing to help will be there. It's also an opportunity to cache along with others in a group. There are a multitude of caches available and if you're working on the Delorme Challenge....well, here's a chance to pick up a map or two. Hope to see you there!
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Not sure if it will be open, but, I think Sugarloaf now has a Zip Line too for those with a hankering for adventure.

OH YEAH! This is the EVENT people!!! Hiking, boating, 4wheeling, and just plain driving around to see beautiful VISTAS. Caches on islands, Caches on the shore of lakes, caches on mountain tops, Caches in guardrails, signs, cemeteries, stumps, fake logs, dead animals....OOPS!
    Heck, there is even a night cache!
    Also you get to meet a real WINGNUT..............ME!!

Default Zip Line

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Not sure if it will be open, but, I think Sugarloaf now has a Zip Line too for those with a hankering for adventure.
    The article I read in the BDN indicated they were taking reservations into October already.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Sounds interesting, what else is there?
    Moo