vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Personal Locator Beacons

Good point. However, you are getting that data in real time, for which I would have gladly paid $10 per cache a few times!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

We are using groundspeaks app. I pay twice, once for my phone and once for my wife. I have a computer with air card in my truck and can access geocaching.com anytime...if i am in my truck, But having another tool in my toolbox makes it worth every penny to me. The sat images are great and for the most part I just use my gps'r. The smart phones primary function for me is for logging FTF, and TB drops from the cache so when someone picks it up 5 minutes later they dont just grab it from me before its logged. And yes that happened a few times to us. The other APP's I did not really consider mainely because researching them would have been a little more time consuming. To me I dont have a problem with what anyone uses, but I look at it as supporting your local business. Groundspeak has a lot of time in effort into this sport for us to enjoy so why not support them, who know that $20 bucks just might help to improve the capabilities of the web site.

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    You are mixing two unrelated things together.
    Also known as derailing a thread.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Smile I use the McMurdo

MCMURDO
    Fast Find 210 Personal Locator Beacon, but so far I haven't had to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by dufzor View Post
    MCMURDO
    Fast Find 210 Personal Locator Beacon, but so far I haven't had to use it!
    You should attach one to your GPSr!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Absolutely true!