Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 2005 White Jeep TBs are here!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    6,061

    Exclamation 2005 White Jeep TBs are here!

    This is a note to announce that the 2005 White Jeep TBs that are allotted to Maine are here, and that the first six of them have been (or should be soon) placed in random Bangor area caches! You will have to visit a few to see if you can find one!

    These TBs have not been logged by any cachers yet, so they will not be listed on any cache pages. You will not have to log them out of the caches you take them from, instead, you will just go to the Tb page and select "Grab from current owner: Jeep 4 X 4) and the TB will then be in your possession.

    A few other cachers have been or will be contacted to help distribute more of the Jeeps around the state.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Litchfield, Maine
    Posts
    3,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    This is a note to announce that the 2005 White Jeep TBs that are allotted to Maine are here, and that the first six of them have been (or should be soon) placed in random Bangor area caches! You will have to visit a few to see if you can find one!

    These TBs have not been logged by any cachers yet, so they will not be listed on any cache pages. You will not have to log them out of the caches you take them from, instead, you will just go to the Tb page and select "Grab from current owner: Jeep 4 X 4) and the TB will then be in your possession.

    A few other cachers have been or will be contacted to help distribute more of the Jeeps around the state.
    Why are they getting put in Bangor caches. Shouldn't they be distributed fairly.
    Blazing Troll

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    6,061

    Default

    Yes, they should be and will be. But, they were shipped to the Bangor area, s that's the first area to get them. I will be mailing some North and East so that portion of the state gets a few, and my partner in Jeep distribution crime will be sending some south and west. And I know a few should make it to your event as well. But hopefully, a good portion will get out before the event.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, Georgia
    Posts
    3,875

    Default

    Hope I'm on that list for the Central Maine area I wonder if Old 470 is big enough for one.
    Last edited by Haffy; 06-10-2005 at 09:42 PM.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Durham,Maine
    Posts
    197

    Thumbs up

    Thanks for handling this brdad. I'll stop getting excited by the yellow jeep symbol on caches and start looking for white ones. I'm new but thanks to all you "old ones" who handle a lot of the behind the scenes stuff. Lots of work that no one usually ever knows about. Today Joe and I will work at our rod/gun club helping feed 100 Jakes kids (National Wild Turkey Federation youth). They aren't going to care about the hours of prep, just that their chicken and hamburgers are ready when they are <G> If there is any energy left in these old feet, we'll go do a couple of easy caches.

    Anne
    TwoMaineiacs / Anne and Joe

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    I've just released "Yeoman" - and it appears to be the first WJTB released within 100 miles of my house. Go for it!

    Got a couple of more I'll be releasing, but not today.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Hope I'm on that list for the Central Maine area I wonder if Old 470 is big enough for one.
    No, these WJTB's are a LOT bigger than the yellow Jeep TB's - about 3 inches long - so they won't go in Old 470 (Oh, Oh... was that a spoiler? LOL!).

    And instead of numbers, they all have names. I picked up 3 today - Yeoman, Jeffery and Luvyna.

  8. #8

    Default Bangor Jeeps

    As of 3:45 pm, only one of the hidden jeeps has been logged.

    Now, like EGSG said on his grab log for "Rapere", you have to think like a geocacher...where would you hide it?
    Last edited by Cache Maine; 06-11-2005 at 03:47 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Pflugerville, Texas
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo
    As of 3:45 pm, only one of the hidden jeeps has been logged.

    Now, like EGSG said on his grab log for "Rapere", you have to think like a geocacher...where would you hide it?
    OK people, cameooooooo is right, sorta. I said "where would Brdad hide it". You see, we're not talking about your usual cacher. We're talking Brdad! So what are the hardest caches in the area? You know Dave won't make this easy
    Last edited by EGSG; 06-11-2005 at 08:47 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    6,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EGSG
    OK people, cameooooooo is right, sorta. I said "where would Brdad hide it". You see, we're not talking about your usual cacher. We're talking Brdad! So what are the hardest caches in the area? You know Dave won't make this easy
    Hey now - it's not all about me this year. There were three other cachers involved with the placement of the bangor area Jeeps. So, don't just guess what I'd do, guess what the other three would do to. Hmmm, who were they, anyway?

Similar Threads

  1. Geocaching for Jeep
    By cmorebytes in forum Welcome Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-04-2006, 10:00 PM
  2. A White Christmas
    By Pooh and friends in forum Voting Polls
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-12-2005, 10:19 AM
  3. RE: Yellow Jeep TB
    By firefighterjake in forum General Geocaching Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-23-2005, 08:30 AM
  4. White jeeps
    By dí76 in forum General Geocaching Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 01:19 PM
  5. ??White Jeep TB's??
    By Forest_Nymph in forum Travel Bugs, Geocoins and Signature Items
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-09-2005, 09:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •