vb:literal>

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Amazing georallye race!!

Quote Originally Posted by lexmano View Post
    The Fundraising goal had been set at $3,500. With the sale of a second Delorme 3-D coin to a certain Clergyman Cacher we are now in excess of $4,400.

If anyone would like to help us drive this over $5,000, checks made payable to Catch A Dream Foundation can be mailed to Dave Gallant at 26 Meadow Lane, Cumberland, ME 04101.

You can e-mail him at DSKGFTF@yahoo.com if you would like to discuss paying in another way.

Many thanks to all who worked and played to make this such a great event.
    So the next closest bidder (or someone else) bought the other Geocoin for the next highest Bid? Please - do tell. I am very happy for your success in this event. Cache on - cache happy all!

Wow, that is fantastic. Looking at the results page there were 21 teams that did a lot of good work, not to mention the people that put this together. Kudos.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    So the next closest bidder (or someone else) bought the other Geocoin for the next highest Bid? Please - do tell. I am very happy for your success in this event. Cache on - cache happy all!
    The coin was offered to the bidder behind you who declined to purchase. A certain caching lawyer (pope?) was delighted to buy it for the $200 bid price. A quick look at the Rallye photos will show you it was member of Team C.H.A.O.S. who bought the coin.

Hey, why not? A fantastic cause, a beautiful and unique coin.....don't any of you tell Dianne I bought this!

Quote Originally Posted by lexmano View Post
    The coin was offered to the bidder behind you who declined to purchase. A certain caching lawyer (pope?) was delighted to buy it for the $200 bid price. A quick look at the Rallye photos will show you it was member of Team C.H.A.O.S. who bought the coin.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Hey, why not? A fantastic cause, a beautiful and unique coin.....don't any of you tell Dianne I bought this!
    Heck - that beauty might make a beautiful necklace! Congrats on your purchase!

I just don't understand it - you bid and then aren't willing to take one for the price you bid - odd to me - but to each their own.

Agreed about the cause and where I couldn't enter the Rally = the reason I bid!

Congrats to all on a job well done!

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Heck - that beauty might make a beautiful necklace! Congrats on your purchase!

I just don't understand it - you bid and then aren't willing to take one for the price you bid - odd to me - but to each their own.

Agreed about the cause and where I couldn't enter the Rally = the reason I bid!

Congrats to all on a job well done!

Sounds like something a politician would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post
    Sounds like something a politician would do.
    Oh no - it wasn't a politician who bid, I don't think, it was a coiner from the Western part of the US.

Happy the coin stayed in Maine I am!

Hmmm . . . heard a report about this rally yesterday . . . sounded very intriguing . . . may have to see about getting a few folks together to do this next year . . . liked the idea of combining aspects of the Amazing Race with caching . . . very intriguing.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

We had a great time teaming up with Trick or Treat, as Tricky Pups for the Rally. We had loads of fun and laughed quite a bit all day. H-pup didn't waste precious time stripping down to get the water cache, she just hopped in with her clothes on and with a little bit of Yankee ingenuity retrieved the cache. No censored or incriminating photos of our group
    It was loads of fun and for a good cause which is the best part of the day. We are already planning for next years race.

I'm sorry I missed this one. I didn't know there is such a race. I would have really enjoyed it. Maybe next time.
    Moo