vb:literal>

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Alert! Geocaching Dot Com and User AutoJoey

Sheesh! He/She is spamming caches here in Massachusetts as well. I was doing some planning for a few caches to find tomorrow before I go to visit
    RULOST2?, and this is an example of what I found...

Please use contact@geocaching.com to report and suspicious geocaching.com activities.

Groundspeak is aware and addressing the issue.

Do follow any suspicious links!
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Default Love this

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post

Do follow any suspicious links!
    I love this Tat. You're funny.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

And to make matters worse, I must have copied and pasted that a dozen times.

"Do not follow any suspcious links"
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

I studied this guy's blog a bit. It seems he's on a crusade to rid what he considers to be fragile ecosystems of all geocaches and letterboxes. So far he's ransacked a couple of caches out in Washington state as well as quite a few letterboxes. His last blog entry was back in June. This attack on the GC.com site seems to be a new tactic, but so far just seems to be annoying.

I have my doubts that his crusade will get as big as he hopes, but it's always a good idea to keep vigilant.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

Pretty sure this is the same person outside of the geocache bash: forestdefenderdotblogspotdotcom for forum saftey reasons so people who do not feel comfortable following links the . have been converted to "dot"

Quote Originally Posted by NativeMainer View Post
    I studied this guy's blog a bit. It seems he's on a crusade to rid what he considers to be fragile ecosystems of all geocaches and letterboxes. So far he's ransacked a couple of caches out in Washington state as well as quite a few letterboxes. His last blog entry was back in June. This attack on the GC.com site seems to be a new tactic, but so far just seems to be annoying.

I have my doubts that his crusade will get as big as he hopes, but it's always a good idea to keep vigilant.
    Can he be arrested?

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post
    Can he be arrested?
    We can hope, but I'm not sure. I'm by no means any sort of legal expert (maybe I should spend the night in a Holiday Inn Express sometime ).

I heard this story once on the Podcacher podcast where someone in Germany was taking all the TBs out of caches. Some of the local cachers set a trap for this guy where they created a new cache and put a bunch of TBs in it and then managed to record his face and were able to directly confront this guy later on. My concern is that something like this is that this guy is attacking caches that have been long established, it would be rather difficult to set a similar trap. He's trying to remain anonymous but hopefully he'll either trip himself up or someone can trip him up.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

Great idea for a trap! hahaha which someone would do that to the TB/Geocoin thief around here! =(

bahh wish not which... not doing so hott tonight!