vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Be Aware - Bots are here on Maine Cache Listings

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    My view in life is that there is a positive in every negative. Yep, the bot got some of my caches and a whole lot of others in Maine. On the other hand.....I think it has the Delorme Challenge completed.
    Too funny!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Got Mine Too

I was just going to ask about this "bot" whatever that is, I think it hit ten of mine. I'll delete the logs and am just glad I don't have to worry about the actual caches!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    I was just going to ask about this "bot" whatever that is, I think it hit ten of mine. I'll delete the logs and am just glad I don't have to worry about the actual caches!
    in 2050 people will send robots to find the cache and/or mess with it.
    in 2070 robots will send robots to find the cache and/or mess with it.

Moo

Default Is Marcipanek a bot?

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Yes the new one is Forest Defender. Was at over 3500 this morning. I deleted all the logs of my caches it found. About 20 so far. We all need to do the same.

Petr (geocaching handle Marcipanek) has burst on the scene in Southern Maine and has racked up huge numbers. Perhaps he is a bot?

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    If you go to their blog site it has thousands of pictures of caches they have found taken and destroyed!! So our caches may not be safe! I had five caches "attacked" but they are all in remote areas and I am unable to check on any of them soon.

Just by discussing this crap you have fallen into the trap set by this looser. To get the name out. Just another form of graffiti.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by lexmano View Post
    Petr (geocaching handle Marcipanek) has burst on the scene in Southern Maine and has racked up huge numbers. Perhaps he is a bot?
    Why do you think he's on our GeoRally team? ha ha

After the long drive, and the strenuous hike I made with the parmachenees to find the Borestone Mountain cache on Saturday, I'm sure this bozo didn't get to the actual cache, even though it's logged as a find! However, I am also concerned about someone clicking on the link. Should I send an E-mail to groleau about it?

Quote Originally Posted by 4ccnhikers View Post
    However, I am also concerned about someone clicking on the link. Should I send an E-mail to groleau about it?
    I clicked on the link. Just sends you to his blog on blogspot.com...

Please use contact@geocaching.com to report and suspicious geocaching.com activities.

Groundspeak is aware and addressing the issue.

Do follow any suspicious links!
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.