vb:literal>

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Delete or not delete, that is the question

Default Delete or not delete, that is the question

I'm seeing a disturbing trend that is developing with a lot of new cachers. I have had a number of logs that say "Sent from my mobile device." I suppose some would do that to "mark" a found cache and later add more later, but that doesn't seem to be the case from what I see. As a CO with a fair amount of hides and knowing the effort it takes to maintain these things, I think the post should be deleted because it doesn't indicate the cacher found the cache. I may be in the minority here, but I think that type of log is just plain rude. Curious what others think.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

How is that rude? They were so excited about your cache the logged it from ground zero.
    They might be thinking hey I have been reading the forums and CO's are going to delete logs if you don't log it a certain way. I think that's just rude.

Two sides to every coin....i would not take it personaly.

I've seen that as the last line in a log or two or two dozen or .....

I don't think I'd delete the log unless that's all they ever put and there's no signature in the physical cache log as a definite. I don't have the capability to log from ground zero but even if I did I think I would, personally, send a log that didn't need editing later unless I was just too pressed for time. But, that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I may be in the minority here, but I think that type of log is just plain rude. Curious what others think.
    This discussion has occurred several times. If you think the person actually found the cache, leave the entry alone.

Obviously, as more and more people discover geocaching - and do it with their car-mounted GPSr, or their GPS enabled phone - we're going to see more and more entries like this. Geocaching has changed greatly over the years, and we're bound to see more changes.

I did some geocaching in Massachusetts the week I was there, and didn't see one GRC - the way geocaching USED TO BE in Maine...

Speaking of caching in Mass.....how's your supervisor doing?

I guess I don't feel the excitement from that type of post and I don't personally feel there's a right or wrong way to log a find but I won't back down on the manners taught to me by my parents which include thanking folks who do something for you. I know that's not required but most folks at least take the time for that part of it. I don't think people that log like that have enough energy to read these forums...too many keystrokes, have to log in and then scroll...nah, way too much work!

Quote Originally Posted by team barbieri View Post
    How is that rude? They were so excited about your cache the logged it from ground zero.
    They might be thinking hey I have been reading the forums and CO's are going to delete logs if you don't log it a certain way. I think that's just rude.

Two sides to every coin....i would not take it personaly.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    Speaking of caching in Mass.....how's your supervisor doing?
    Doing great, Thanks!

If you think logging with their phones with a generic line is disturbing you should see what I see nearly every day at work. Talk about disturbing trends.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Doing great, Thanks!

Great news! Tell her we say HI! then she can say "who?" LOL
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Default And.....

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    If you think logging with their phones with a generic line is disturbing you should see what I see nearly every day at work. Talk about disturbing trends.
    ....that's just the management team.