vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Rick on your Big Milestone!

Thanks for keeping us up to date with your journey and congratulations!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

Default Wow!!!

It's been great following your blog, and I'm SO glad you made the summit successfully! Can't wait to read about the last 11 days of the hike! Congratulations!

Default Congratulations!

Charron and I both enjoyed meeting up with you in Eustis as you neared the final weeks of your trek. The stories of your adventures were very interesting. Most of us can't imagine the mixture of feelings running through your mind and body as you stood at the top of Mt. K. It has to be a life-changing experience that includes a life-time of memories! Congratulations!!
    Wandering with a purpose!

Thumbs up

Rarely in life does a person have the opportunity to persevere and accomplish a personal goal the way you did. What an outstanding sense of accomplishment you must feel. So many of us have been watching your progress and cheering you on. My heartfelt congratulations Rick!!!

Congratulations Rick!! What a fabulous journey you have had!

Congrats to Rick! What a great achievement!!!

Congrats, Rick, from JustPJ66 and I both.

Default Congrats

Jon and I climbed Katahdin a week before Rick did. It looks like he got better weather. But it was so much fun to sit at the top and hear the whoops and screams of the thru hikers. There were a lot of people there on October 3rd, but people were polite and got out of the way so the thru-hikers could have their pictures taken at the sign. We were all in awe of their accomplishments. Congrats, Rick, you had a truly awesome trip.

I would like to thank everyone that stood behind me during this endeavor. I wish everyone could experience what I just did. The camaraderie was something beyond what I thought it would be.

I am sorry that none of you came to the last leg of the hike with me. I appreciate those that wanted to. I don’t think any of you would have appreciated the weather on the day of my summit going up over the bolder fields and The Hunt Spur leading to the Table Lands. Once I reached the bolder field area and was climbing up and over the edge out of the tree line the wind immediately picked up to above 35 mph gusts. I was worried I might have to turn back. The only thing that kept me going was the fact that no other thru hiker had turned back and that I did not want to do this climb again. Once one the Table Lands the winds were not too bad but it was windy. The last climb going to the summit had snow on it, you just had to watch you footing. I was bundled up real good but my face was freezing from the cold wind blowing. I spent about a ½ hour at the top and headed down to avoid getting caught in the dark. The wind died down some in the afternoon but did not go away.

Now come the challenge of the transition of coming back to society.

Thank you all for following my journal and standing behind me.

Attroll
    Blazing Troll

It's good to have you back and look - the site is still up!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."