vb:literal>

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Delete or not delete, that is the question

The logs we do from our phone are written just the same as you do on your computer at home. You can write as much or as little as you want. But some reason every time we posted a log the other day it would post a log to all the ones we did earlier so after 8 caches the first one of the day had 8 duplicate logs and for some reason it counted each of them as an unique find I had to delete alot of logs and then I noticed that it happened to someone else so I PM them and they wrote back thanking me and they deleted quite a few as well. Hope this is just a fluke or I will have to stop logging with that APP. although it really helped the numbers

It could be a change the Geocaching.com made. I had an issue a while ago where I could not submit field notes. I thought it was something with my PN-40 but what happened is the Geocaching.com changed something on the website and it would not accept a blank field note any longer. I had to add something in there as a placeholder and then it worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    We did one cache last spring that we logged online and stated in that log that we were going back to log once the ice had a chance to melt since the cache was frozen in place and we were afraid we'd break the container if we forced it out.
    Aren't you nice! I had a log on one of my caches that said it was frozen in and they had to use a hammer to smash it open to gain access to the log. I couldn't believe it.
    Last edited by brdad; 10-18-2010 at 11:55 PM. Reason: quote tag

Default Delete

Quote Originally Posted by EMSDanel View Post
    Aren't you nice! I had a log on one of my caches that said it was frozen in and they had to use a hammer to smash it open to gain access to the log. I couldn't believe it.
    It probably was that rabbit one that was frozen in when I found it.

I would have deleted that log.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default So...

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Remind me to log any future logs on Mike's caches as "Sent from my home computer."
    .....gonna do the SMR, eh?
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    .....gonna do the SMR, eh?
    We almost went that way from Chick Hill last week, but it was either SMR or back route 9 and have lunch at the Eagles Nest. Eagles nest won!

We'll get up to the SMR and do 3 or 4 someday...
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Question....

We almost went that way from Chick Hill last week, but it was either SMR or back route 9 and have lunch at the Eagles Nest. Eagles nest won!

We'll get up to the SMR and do 3 or 4 someday...
    Is the Eagles Nest still run by the blind couple?

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    Is the Eagles Nest still run by the blind couple?
    I didn't realize it ever was. Perhaps someone else knows. All I know it's a great place to stop to eat once in a while. Award winning lobster rolls and portions are big enough for any appetite. Pretty darn good peanut butter pie, too!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Pretty darn good peanut butter pie, too!

I do not care what others say about you. If you like peanut butter pie you can not be all bad!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by shuman road searchers View Post
    I do not care what others say about you. If you like peanut butter pie you can not be all bad!
    Sheesh! If only he drank beer, he'd be an "OK" guy! LOL!