vb:literal>

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Delete or not delete, that is the question

I have seen some caches with very specific notes about how the CO would like things done. Perhaps including some instructions on logging the cache would deter this behavior.

Default I can see it now......

Quote Originally Posted by Fins_Up View Post
    I have seen some caches with very specific notes about how the CO would like things done. Perhaps including some instructions on logging the cache would deter this behavior.
    All of dubord207's caches with the stipulation of better logs or he's going to show them a picture of Mapachi or Ekidokai.

At least that's more fun to read that TFTC. I had a lot of people make finds yesterday (10-10-10) and 80% of them were boooring!
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    At least that's more fun to read that TFTC. I had a lot of people make finds yesterday (10-10-10) and 80% of them were boooring!
    hey wait.....we logged some caches of yours
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Default Here's another of my "favorites."

5 cache finds by one cacher, I won't say the name, don't know them, they're still very new with only a 100 or so finds, all in one day and word for word: " Did some caching in the rain today. Didn't SL so it didn't get soaked." (not on my caches)

Or this one "Quick find. Didn't sign log." When I inquired if there was a problem with the cache I got a not so nice response that this cacher had a hard time signing the tiny logs on nanos! Really? I think that's probably the case for most of us!!!

I hope I'm not beating a dead horse here. With over 80 caches out there I think it may be informative to understand why I have some mixed feelings about putting out anymore. While I agree with Bruce that some caches just don't provide a whole lot of inspiration for lengthy logs, ALL at least deserve a thanks, an indication that the cache was found and an indication that the log was signed unless there was a very LEGITIMATE reason the log couldn't be signed. IMHO
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

I would be inclined to delete an online log that said they didn't sign the physical log but I might e-mail that cacher first and let them know the guidelines say you have to sign the physical log in order to log online. We did one cache last spring that we logged online and stated in that log that we were going back to log once the ice had a chance to melt since the cache was frozen in place and we were afraid we'd break the container if we forced it out.

Cachers who won't sign logs in the rain shouldn't go caching in the rain, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    Cachers who won't sign logs in the rain shouldn't go caching in the rain, IMHO.
    Sheesh! Why would ANYONE want to go geocaching in the rain?

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! Why would ANYONE want to go geocaching in the rain?

Its the only time we are not working on the honey do list?
    Any day caching is a good day.

Hey, how hard is it to hold the log so it stays dry while you sign it?

If you don't sign, don't log it as a find!

As for the "Sent from my Iphone" I think it is automatically added by the app when you send it. At least it appears to be when I use my Itouch. Even with it I include a comment and thanks when I log.

A house is not a home without a cat.

I maintain if they found the cache and signed the log, they deserve the log. I can't say as I like the idea either, but I didn't like the micro spew when it came to town either. A quick search of the forums will reveal I didn't like a lot of the "new ways" of caching either. This is exactly the argument I have against "let everyone cache the way they want to" theory. It's the natural progression of the sport - In most circumstances we see the ideal image of geocaching as what it was when we first started. About all that can be done is promote what you think is best for the sport when you have the chance to do so.

Welcome to the crotchety old cachers club,Dan!
    Last edited by brdad; 10-11-2010 at 10:59 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."