vb:literal>

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Delete or not delete, that is the question

I agree with a point that pm28570 made about having a good mentor. Dan replied to our logs on the Yorktown series early on in our involvement in caching. He indicated he was impressed that we made an effort to log each one individually and tell about our experience with that cache. That encouraged me to continue to do that on every cache that I have logged since. I think positive encouragement from someone with more experience goes a long way. If you know that someone notices and enjoys your logs you will probably make good log entries. I learned from my experience and always reply to someone who makes an effort to tell me about their experience on one of my caches.

Default my penny and a half

I guess my opinion is that if you enjoy reading quality logs on your hides than you should write quality logs on other cachers hides but just because a specific cacher(s) writes TFTC or leaves just a smiley does not mean that you should do the same to there hide. Once again, if you like receiving quality logs then you should write quality logs.I do enjoy reading the logs and I try and return the favor. The SMR series was tough but i refuse to serial log!
    When I replace a log on one of my hides I do check it to see if all that have claimed it as a find have signed the log. I have yet to find someone claiming it and not signing for it. I do however have one to check on as the last finder claims that they could not open it.I will let my wife try and open it and if she can than I may be tempted.
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

Default Place them......

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    So I guess "who cares" might be the best approach?

Thanks for the posts...thought provoking as always. I put 4 new very different caches together this afternoon that I hope you all enjoy.
    ...near me and then run interference so fins_up can't FTF them on me.

Default Fair Warning Needed

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    Your logs were by far the most entertaining of the day! I was so mad that I was stuck on a 6 am. to 6 pm. shift. (So I took it out on speeders ) by the time I got home, spent time with the kids, had dinner ect. I fell asleep. As soon as I strike it rich............
    You need to log on to geocachingmaine.org on the days you're mad and "taking it out on speeders" and warn your fellow cachers so they can at least observe the posted limit or go around Oakland. Of course, if we go around Oakland we'll miss your caches there.

I don't take it personally, and I'm sure you were kidding when you suggested that the "Sent from mobile device" log was an expression of excitement. And I'm not suggesting for a second that there's a right and wrong way to log caches. I've deleted a grand total of 4 logs since I started placing caches, not a lot and I didn't get a kick out it, trust me. But two of the logs were bogus and two actually were "rude" for lack of better term.
    I just want you to know that I do NOT disagree with you on being upset if someone is rude in their log or did not actually sign the log book. When t cache is interesting I try to put it in my logs. I also always try to say thank you even if it is "TFTC" and not written out. but sometimes I really do not know what to say in the log on some caches and I just put down what it was " a quick P&G TFTC" but I always sign the acuall log on every cache we have done except for one that was stuck and we could not get it out of the hole but the CO told us to go ahead and log it as a find.

I was just saying in my first post that there are to sides to every coin.

Some cachers are so dry and uninspired, that I'd just as soon get a TFTC

Got this log entry on one of our caches when when I logged on this morning:

"This is the kind of cache that got me hooked on geocaching in the first place. It took me to a place I had never been, and the trip was completely worth it. The smiley was icing on the cake. TNLN, TFTC!"

Now that's an a\entry to make you feel good.

And that was on one of your LPC caches, Bruce?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post
    Some cachers are so dry and uninspired, that I'd just as soon get a TFTC
    That is true, and my degree of inspiration varies as well. A few days on power runs when I have gotten 10 or 11 caches and maybe all them them were great but I'm so beat or focused on something else my mind just can't come up with the words. I might be better off to wait until the next day, but I like to try and log the day I find the caches.

But lack of inspiration should not affect how respectful a log is, only the length and possibly content.
    Last edited by brdad; 10-12-2010 at 07:29 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    That is true, and my degree of inspiration varies as well. A few days on power runs when I have gotten 10 or 11 caches and maybe all them them were great but I'm so beat or focused on something else my mind just can't come up with the words. I might be better off to wait until the next day, but I like to try and log the day I find the caches.

But lack of inspiration should not affect how respectful a log is, only the length and possibly content.
    I agree with this one. You may have a book to write about your find, or not have much to say about a cache, but respect that a fellow cacher put one out for you to find and at least be polite.