vb:literal>

Thread: Groundspeak shopping

Default Groundspeak shopping

I just ordered a couple of stickers from the groundspeak web site and they charged me $7.41 for shipping. The shipping cost more then the items I bought. I will not order from them again.
    Blazing Troll

Yes they do charge alot. I've ordered twice from them, and I always make sure I buy enough to make it seem worth my while. There merchandise comes from athird party vendor. They do as the please I guess.

Default Group order?

I've wanted to buy some of their items as well, but the shipping is prohibative. Perhaps we could combine orders to save shipping sometime? Just a thought.

I am a big Internet consumer and find that most vendors get a lot of profit from shipping. GC is not any worse than others, but the idea of combining orders is great! Let me know if it happens.

Me too! Great idea!

I've placed 3 or 4 orders over the past year and 1/2 from them. I've always had an order that was big enough that the shipping wasn't a big deal.

Problem is they are a monopoly when it comes to some items, so you have little choice but to buy them from them.

I'll bet a local print shop could make stickers or decals at a MUCH lower cost than what is asked on GC. I'll look into it...

I'm sure they could but then you would be getting into copyright infringement wouldn't you?

Groundspeak automatically granst you a license for use of the geocaching logo is you're producing 25 or less items for non-commercial use. Seems like they'd grant a license for larger quantities of a Maine Geocachers sticker or decal (for example) on request.

Here's their policy:

http://www.geocaching.com/about/logousage.aspx
    Last edited by WhereRWe?; 07-03-2004 at 01:32 PM.