vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Revisting Some things you can't unsee

You talk like this happens all the time there when you saw it once. I am sure it has happend in the woods in your area as well as it could happen anywhere. That was my point about sticking to LPC's or GRC's, but now that i think about that those are probably not safe either, just look at some of the rest area's that were closed down for those reasons. As far as deleting your log for it they should have at least emailed you about your concern and maybe you should have done the same and sent him an email with your concerns as well. Being so concerned about this did you report the activity to the local authorities, or post comments about it on South portlands land trust web page? I agree with you that it is not something I would want anyone to stumble across, but you take that chance anywhere you go, not just clarks pond trail where you saw it one time.

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fins_Up View Post
    I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one.
    I disagree because I do agree with you, Thats something you cant unsee and something I dont want to see no hard feelings just different opinions

I have come across "friendly fellas" while retrieving caches before. I just put in the log "Don't bring the kiddies, this is a Pickle Park!"

Definitely no hard feelings. The world would not be any fun if everyone shared the same opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post
    I have come across "friendly fellas" while retrieving caches before. I just put in the log "Don't bring the kiddies, this is a Pickle Park!"
    Ohhhhhh now I see. If this is a problem in this area then I would report it to Mainepublisher and suggest archiving. If I knew something like this was going on by one of my caches I would remove it. ASAP! and I would hope others would too, not delete the persons log that was trying to warn people. People placing caches in dangerous areas, or "questionable" areas like this need to use some common sense. ESPECIALLY if your MARKETING your cache to kids. There are some irresponsible caches out there and I feel if you can reasonably articulate this to Mainepublisher then the cache should be archived.

Where the hell is that thing?

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I've had two "encounters" of this type, both in Vaughn Woods in Hallowell. There's a school that abuts the southern trail head. These were high school kids. I mentioned this casually in my logs and they were not deleted. I think a log of this nature advises future cachers that they have a choice as to whether they want to do a cache where this could happen again. With as many caches as there are in the Portland area, some might opt to pass that cache. Jason didn't suggest that the cache needed to be archived, just what he specifically witnessed which shouldn't have resulted in a log deletion, IMHO.

Stick to GRC's? Really? NOT!

High School kids would do this type of thing? Thank goodness we were so much better behaved. Seriously though, I would not want my kids to encounter such a thing, and I hear stories about it all the time.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilHomer View Post
    Ohhhhhh now I see. If this is a problem in this area then I would report it to Mainepublisher and suggest archiving. If I knew something like this was going on by one of my caches I would remove it. ASAP! and I would hope others would too, not delete the persons log that was trying to warn people. People placing caches in dangerous areas, or "questionable" areas like this need to use some common sense. ESPECIALLY if your MARKETING your cache to kids. There are some irresponsible caches out there and I feel if you can reasonably articulate this to Mainepublisher then the cache should be archived.

I took you that long? Sheltered life at the University?
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Are we all looking at this from the correct angle?
    Last edited by Ekidokai; 10-16-2010 at 09:28 PM.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Ugly, whichever angle you look from!