vb:literal>

Thread: FourSquare..Gowalla...Yelp...Souvaniers

Default FourSquare..Gowalla...Yelp...Souvaniers

It seems that now with addition of Souvaniers that Groundspeak is trying to tie into social networking? There isn't enough info out there yet in regards to what exactly these souvaniers actually are. Im assuming that just like Foursquare, Gowalla, Waze, Yelp, etc, that these will just be virtual status symbols added to your profile. The About Souvaniers page doesnt give much info either. I'm assuming that there is very little actually ready to go on this as it states that you're already found caches will generate a souvanier if you've located a cache in a designated area. I know I only have 640 finds but they are scattered all over the state so perhaps Maine doesnt have any designated areas yet? Also, they reference searching for the zones on phones. Im assuming that only the Groundspeak paid app will display these zones. Any one have more information in regards to this new addition?
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by TeamHorwich View Post
    The great and wondrous "H" has come through again. I read this somewhere and could not find it again.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    It seems that now with addition of Souvaniers that Groundspeak is trying to tie into social networking? There isn't enough info out there yet in regards to what exactly these souvaniers actually are. Im assuming that just like Foursquare, Gowalla, Waze, Yelp, etc, that these will just be virtual status symbols added to your profile. The About Souvaniers page doesnt give much info either. I'm assuming that there is very little actually ready to go on this as it states that you're already found caches will generate a souvanier if you've located a cache in a designated area. I know I only have 640 finds but they are scattered all over the state so perhaps Maine doesnt have any designated areas yet? Also, they reference searching for the zones on phones. Im assuming that only the Groundspeak paid app will display these zones. Any one have more information in regards to this new addition?
    I already have 101010 souvenir.
    The idea about getting any souvenir just by searching using their paid app is just ridiculous. What will be next, buying finds? 100 finds just for $20 and package of 1000 finds of your choice just for $100
    Moo