vb:literal>

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Sad News

I was extremely saddened to hear of this tragedy. I wish I had words to help Mapachi and family with the pain they must be going through. Our thoughts and sympathies are with you folks.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Our sincere thoughts are with you for you loss. She will be greatly miss by all the lives she touched. If it wasn't for her our travel bug would not have traveled as far as it has. 79OLDS

As you all can imagine, we feel like we've been hit by a truck. I have just now started to sleep more then 4 hours a night, although not good sleep, as I have contracted a horrible cold! Worse cold I've had in fifteen years! Unfortunately, I started to feel it coming on a day before the services on Saturday! I hope I didn't pass it to any one.
    We have found out from the Medical examiner, that Bobbie had a small tangerine size tumor on her brain, just behind her ear. She had no idea and was never in constant pain. She simply thought she was having migraines every month or so. So she had no apprehension or fear of the future. She was on an extreme upswing in her life. She was back home, got a new job, her own place and was loosing weight and getting physically in shape. She was on a high note when she passed. We found out there was nothing we could have done that horrible night, that would have saved her, so the guilt was washed away and we have only loving memories and no guilt of things we should have said or done because we said and did it all with Bobbie .....We were as close as a grown daughter and her parents could be.
    When Gail and I started Geocaching back in December of 2007, we had no idea we were becoming a part of something much larger then just Geocaching. In this heart wrenching episode of our lives, we have come to find ourselves part of a loving and truly caring group of FRIENDS! Not just acquaintances, like I perceived most of you to be, but true friends! Your outpouring of love towards us truly stunned us!
    So many kind and loving words to Gail and Me and such wonderful praise for our sweet baby girl Bobbie.
    Bobbie loved everyone and I am sure she feels the love from all of you just as her mommy and daddy do.
    Gail and I send all our love back at you! Such a wonderful thing to discover in the midst of tragedy, that we had so many wonderful friends that truly care for us!
    I wish I could thank all of you personally but it would take me forever. I would, however like to thank Jim Horwitz, Dave Gallant, Tom Tieman, and Dan Bahr for coming to Bobbie's service on Saturday; it was so nice of you guys and we so appreciated it. Some of you also sent us cards and special notes of love and support. Thanks to them and thanks to all of you here at Geocaching Maine....Our extended family! WE LOVE YOU ALL.
    See you on the geo-trail! (With Bobbie's "Mr. Cache")

Glad to see you are moving forward, I am sure she will always be part of your life. In 2004 my son had an AVM (Arterio-Venous Malformation) which burst with no prior knowledge so I can relate with you on that issue. He survived and is doing well, but it is an abrupt change of life and priorities for everyone involved.

Good thoughts for your family's future.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Still keeping you both in my thoughts daily. Glad to see you online and hope your cold is gone soon!

Thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts. Hope to see you soon.

All our best thoughts & prayers are with you.. Sometimes life hands you a tough road to follow but with the help of God, family & friends we seem to keep going...
    We wish you all the very best.
    JW & Ms. Kathy
    --... ...-- de N1MLF Echolink #21843

Thank you so much Pat and Gail for taking the time to fill us in on how things are going with you and the details of Bobbye's health. I have been thinking of you and hoping for an update on how you both are doing. You have done so much for us with your commitment to geocaching. Reading some of Bobbye's posts and seeing that her first cache only days after christmas made me think that dear old dad probably got her started with her first gps. Postings really do tell so much about someone's personality I think. What nice memories were made during geocaching for your daughter. Peace be with you. Let the love from all of your friends here help you along.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Unhappy

Where the hell is that thing?

I just discovered this thread. I can't imagine what you must be going through. Please know we're keeping you in our prayers.

Mike, Amy, and Rosemary
    ampmdp