vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my first hunting season

Plus, they're hard to clean!

Quote Originally Posted by shuman road searchers View Post
    And the meat you get is a little tough and chewy
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

And don't forget to check the cache pages you intend to go after before you head out. Some get disabled during hunting season, and PQs don't always tell us that.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Working with the game wardens and forest rangers for years, there is a lot going on that people never hear about. Houses getting peppered with shot a lot. A house or barn is a lot bigger than a person, well most people. Vehicles getting peppered with shot also. Most of these instances were determined to be accidental rather than vandalism.

Things that will help to keep you safe besides the orange vest and hat:

Don't wear brown or black hats, gloves or pants, don't wear white fur trimmed gloves, hats or boots. whistling a happy tune, putting a bell or some other clanking thing on the dog will be good and if you don't want to whistle that much a small bell for you couldn't hurt either.

Oh and smoking cigars keeps the bugs away and the hunters don't report seeing many cigar smoking prey.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default Cache and Carry

If you have a concealed weapons permit, and I do, then stuff your handy-dandy Taurus Raging Bull ( I didn't make that up ) .454 in your shoulder holster loaded up with some 330 grain Casull rounds, load your Oregon with a bunch of caches, orange hat and vest and you're good to go. If a deer accidently comes by then caching is done for the day!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

If you're hunting you can carry concealed without a permit. However, I don't believe you can get in and out of the car and leave the handgun loaded unless you have a CWP.

Default But

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    If you have a concealed weapons permit, and I do, then stuff your handy-dandy Taurus Raging Bull ( I didn't make that up ) .454 in your shoulder holster loaded up with some 330 grain Casull rounds, load your Oregon with a bunch of caches, orange hat and vest and you're good to go. If a deer accidently comes by then caching is done for the day!
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    If you're hunting you can carry concealed without a permit. However, I don't believe you can get in and out of the car and leave the handgun loaded unless you have a CWP.
    But that does not address the concern of getting hunted.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default I'm not concerned.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    But that does not address the concern of getting hunted.
    ....but then, I don't smoke cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by EMSDanel View Post
    In my humble experience, out-of-state tourists don't have much to worry about. There is not much meat/weight there once you dress them out - so for experienced hunters they're not worth the cost of your shell.
    Hahaha!!! That made me laugh! Thanks for bringing light and humor to the forums!
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country