vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Celebrate - 10 Years of Caching in Maine!

Hybrid View

Default Celebrate - 10 Years of Caching in Maine!

It's posted! http://coord.info/GC2HKCJ

I have to confess. I've done it in a hurry and there is no time noted yet. In years gone by, we've gone from 2:00-6:00.

The adopter of the first cache in Maine, Kayakerinme is helping host this event. We're going to make it a good one with sponsors, t-shirts, games, and prizes. Oh yeah, and well, food!

Some people posted their intentions of being there even before I knew MainePublisher had it approved. Thanks!

Default Less than a week to go!

Send me your pictures! Since we are celebrating 10 years, they can be old... (not like some of us) outdoorgurl222@yahoo.com

Have a "toast" ready for the pot-luck. We'll have them written on index cards and people can have fun trying to guess who wrote it.

Bring your GPS. We're going to have a "Closest to the Pin" contest. (Yeah, I stole this idea from Geowoodstock).

Kids cache will be a scavenger hunt.

People who have technical knowledge or need technical knowledge, bring your know-how and questions. We'll set up a table for you.

I did not order t-shirts. This thing kind of snuck up on me. I apologize.

I'll find a big box so you can put donations for the Christmas Cache in it.

The 79olds Store will be at attendance.

Coins, travel-bugs, etc. are welcomed at this event.

I can't wait to find out what people are cooking up for the pot luck!
    Last edited by Kaching Karen; 01-24-2011 at 01:40 PM.

Hi karen, 79 olds here i would like to again thank you for hosting this event again this year, and allowing me to set up the j & e geostore . About the tee shirts i have made up some of my own designs to offer for sale at the event. And hopefully we can get a great turn out for your event and the xmas cache. I will also bring a big box to put the donation's in.

Default So? Who is going to this event..

Who is going down from the Bangor area on Sunday? Car pooling? Group caching? With the price of gas it only makes sense. If there are 10 or 12 or whatever going then it would be smart to pitch in some gas money to a friend or fellow cacher and share expenses. If you are coming from north of here the people could still meet at the park and ride. A good way to get to know someone better as well.
    Happy Trails!

We thought we were going but now is looks like we may be going to NH until Monday.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I'm going, not sure if PedalChick is going with me or not. Brad, if you want to pool with me, let me know. (I don't want to ride down there in the back of your Jeep again, I'm still cold from the last trip!!!!). Depending on if Kim goes or not, I will have at least one more seat available too.

will have 3 seats available from Bangor
    Moo

Anyone know how we are set in the food department? Need soda? Desserts? Main dishes?

Quote Originally Posted by cachecrashers4 View Post
    Anyone know how we are set in the food department? Need soda? Desserts? Main dishes?
    I haven't seen a lot of posts for drinks. I've got paper goods and utensils coming. I'm not too worried. I don't think we have ever starved.

Default Last minute stuff

I'm doing a display (if time) of old signature items. If you have some, maybe you can join me!

We always seem to need power strips.

Send pictures if you have some (old ones welcomed).

Bring your GPS. There will be an accuracy test.

I did not do t-shirts, but I believe Olds69 has them at his store.

If you ordered coins from Barry, I believe he is bringing them to this event.