vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Celebrate - 10 Years of Caching in Maine!

Default Thanks to all

Thank you everyone for attending the event.... There were 111 people there if you go by the sign-n book Thanks to eebee it was an international event! Everyone else was from Maine.

Kayakerinme and hollara both provided beautiful prizes. It was a lovely touch for the event. Barry, the coins are great!

A huge THANK YOU goes out to tat and laroch who were there from 9:00 am to the end. They did a lot of work for me and I really, really appreciate it!

To all of you, thanks. I have made my best friends through geocaching. Jon and I were on our way home and talking about what a wonderful group of people it is. Some toasts....

"A toast to Mainiac1957 on this being his 5000th find. Wahoo!" - surfsupdiverdown

"A toast to geocaching!" - Geowalker - Luke

"To ten years and ten times more fun to come." - laroch

"When you make your mad dash
    for your special geocache
    Make sure you dont trip and get a gash
    or fall in poison ivy & get a rash." - Tikache and RATTKAT

"Last winter we got 3 FTF's in less than an hour! We've loved getting to meet other geocachers this year." - ampmdp

"10 years - it's just a number." - Cano

"Once when Ms Taoastmaster and I went to play a trick on Martes we walked for what seemed like hours!" - Courtney

"We are only passing through. We are custodians and guardians of this grand adventure." - author unknown

"A toast to the people who love geocaching." - cashi

A toast "to spring that can't come soon enough!" - Wade Rogers

"Here's to Tom/tat routes and short cuts." - Robt

"To geocaching, when you measure all life events by their proximity to a geocache." - Willmere

"After 1 year and 1/2 we're still caching. Who would have though we would be caching and celebrating ten years and many more to come!" - author unknown.

"A toast to the folks that take of their personal time to set up and run the event. Thank you very much." - author unknown.
    Last edited by Kaching Karen; 01-30-2011 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fins_Up View Post
    Thanks! Mrs. Fins_Up and my oldest son came up with the idea and actually made it this morning while I was out caching and snowshoeing with my youngest son.
    It was very cool!

I wrote a toast but it didn't get in the bucket - I found it in my pocket when I got home - Here's to Good Times, Good Food, Cache Finds and No DNFs - Happy 10 Years!

Karen - thanks for all your hard work on this one! Truly one which kids (even the older ones) will remember for years to come.

Karen, awesome job as always! You give a nice venue in the middle of winter for friends to get together and swap stories. (And it's on a Sunday too for us 6 day-a-week job folks...) Thank you again.

Who made the hiker bars? I took one with me and had it today. It was very delicious!!!

Fins, great cake. Not just the taste either.

This was truly a grand event. Everyone had a great time.

Congratulations to Mainiac on his 5000th find and to Tat on being the 100th person to sign the log and his upcoming nuptials.

Cano thanks for the ride.

Last edited by Ekidokai; 02-01-2011 at 06:18 PM.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Fins_Up View Post
    Who made the hiker bars? I took one with me and had it today. It was very delicious!!!
    Priscilla of 4ccnhikers is well known for her hiker bars, it could have been her!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Jason

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Priscilla of 4ccnhikers is well known for her hiker bars, it could have been her!
    That is correct Dave....
    Happy Trails!

Fins, great cake. Not just the taste either.
    Thanks Eki!!! I have to give credit to Mrs. Fins_Up and my oldest son (9). They had the idea and made it while my youngest and I were out caching.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    And if it was hers I think the recipe is in our on line book.